Homeowner's insurance

Just curious if anyone’s homeowner’s insurance is due now (particularly Nationwide). Mine went up 40% and they claim it’s a nationwide increase.

I’m not sure I believe it.

Mine is through Erie Insurance, tied up with my cars and stuff…no increase at all. My auto rates dropped a bit about two months ago.

mine is thru erie as well and i havent seen an increase either, but i’m sure i will be since i just did a 10k claim this past weekend :doh:

I have Nationwide and I have had no increases. Maybe your agent is low on cash. :smiley:

Erie here also with no Increases

Nationwide is a bunch of rip off artists. I had it through them, then they did the same thing to me like 3yrs ago. Bye bye nationwide :stick:

it’s more the agent than the company.

Although a bad agent can hurt you, the agent’s ability to get you a price only counts on commercial insurance policies. Home/Auto/etc. are set by the company.

nationwide is on your side…turning ur pockets inside out.

I have never had a problem with nationwide. We have had our car insurance through them for years and never had a problem and I think we only pay about $85/month for our two cars. Also I did a homeowners insurance quote through them last week and they quoted me $450 per year. This was much better than the $440 quote I got from Liberty Mutual. Nationwide was $10 more per year but had like double the coverage.

When I had state farm, I was paying ~$100/month more than my friends who had state farm. I know there are a lot of factors involved, but we had similar cars and nothing else on the policy like homeowners or life which would reduce the cost. It was just car insurance. We had different agents and I switched to his agent and got the lower price, all within state farm.

I hate state farm insurance

unfortunately, you know the obvious start shopping for a new bundle pack of insurance…GL

I had actually kept Nationwide homeowner’s when I dropped their car insurance, and it was still cheaper even without the multi-policy discount. Then they had a readjustment which brought me back to their car insurance.

Always good to keep an eye out though, especially with a tennage driver in about a week.

erie here even in balt. Erie for my parents as well.

We have Allstate for homeowner’s and haven’t had an increase. Our car insurance is with Erie. It was actually cheaper to go with separate companies.

It’s the buyers responsibility to find the lowest rate. lol @ you for believing that your insurance agent is actually trying to find you the lowest rate.

live and learn. This was a long time ago and the agent was my parents agent for 20 or so years. Fuck state farm

fuck state farm for trying to make money!!!

amen brother