Who is the cheapest for Home Owners Insurance??

Who has the lowest rates that you know of? I was looking into AAA but I am wondering if anyone has them now and has had any problems with them?

I’m switching to Nationwide. Their costs are reasonable, and the service they gave my neighbor during the October storm really impressed me. Much better than the big fuck you Farmers gave me.

I’m with Erie & Niagara. I don’t know how the rates compare. I just do whatever my uncles and cousins tell me to do. (The insurance agency I’m with is my uncle’s family business. I trust them to take care of me.)

Please for the sake of all that is worth a buck - do not cheap out on your homeowners.

Getting a competitive rate is understandable, but do not skimp on your actual coverage so that you can save $50/year.

Get replacement value; get additional living expense coverage; get sumppump coverage (if applicable); and make sure the contents / structure values are MORE then enough.

Trust me on this one.

With that being said, I use Allstate and bundle the auto (~8% discount). I could not be happier with how they’ve worked with me in the last month.

i have nationwide, and could not be happier. its about $350ish a year for full blown coverage. it is wise to try and have your homeowners with the same company as your car insurance or vice versa. you can save some extra $ there.
i agree though, do not cheap out on this.

my dad has allstate, they really took care of him during the october storm. New roof, and they paid all expenses without a question.

I have geico auto insurance, and they were cheap with me when i had a wreck, but they did get the car fixed.

I bet their homeowner insurance is just as cheap and stingy.

Im not trying to cheap out, just trying to get a good rate. I called somewhere and they said it would be around $1,000 a year, I was like fuck you. I know other people with similar houses that pay around $300 a year so that is a huge difference. Just trying to get some good places to start calling.

It goes by square footage and lot size of the house, is this correct?

PM TESTICLE, hes a good friend of mine, and i bet he will get you a real good rate and pretty dang good coverage. Hes with Allstate.

im pretty sure appraisel has alot to do with it also. i bought my house for $89k and im insured to the hills for $350ish a year
but again, you save if you have all your insurance needs under 1 roof. check with nationwide.

You mean per year right?

oooops…YES, i meant per year…

edit: fixed

Travelers is bad.

I have State Farm but, I have never made a claim so I don’t know how well they pay out.
State Farm was cheaper than Amica so I switched.
I pay about $1200/year with a $1000 deductable.

Main factors:
Units (2 fam cost more then 1 fam)
Age of home
Construction (wood frame vs brick for example)
Sq footage
Insured values
Deductible
Credit score
Neighborhood (prop crime rates)
Ancilaries (dogs, pools, etc)

In no particular order, and IIRC

i have ERIE, and i never wanted the cheapest.

I have liberty mutual. and they blow when its due i’m thinking of switching both my auto’s and home to someone else.

I would hook everyone up if they like 100k would be somewhere in the ball park of 250 a year and thats through allstate.

:word: I got a discount because my house is block framed. Something about a “big bad wolf” clause…

You beat me to it. He is who I use for my Home Owners

What office (Location) we need to chat. i need house, 3 cars, and my quads. I was with alstate and happy till my guy retired.

I had to deal with Liberty Mutual on a car accident claim and they must be the most deceitful underhanded company in the known universe.