Need info fast

Anyone know how to get a vehicle from canada to the US and get it titled?

I found one on ebay I would buy, but I don’t know how to get it all done?

Gearhead knows a lot about this.

x2 I think you need to find whats called “a registerd importer”

That sux, I hoping to drive up buy it and drive it home.

Just call your local notary, they shoud steer you in the right direction. They are pretty informative about these types of questions.

we just sold a guy in canada a car…I still have the phone no. to the border. you need a letter from the seller, the title, bill of sale, and anything else usa needs for conformation. ANd you have only until 4 pm. then they lock the gates to cross the border.

pm me tonight, ill give you my work no. call me tomorrow, and ill give you the no.

my friend bought an Omega FWD from canada for a project. Have to buy in Canada from what I remember and don’t forget your passport or birth certificate.

A birth certificate wont get you through any more you need the recipet that you have applied for a US passport. Not trying to hijack your thread just an FYI.

THanks for all the info.
I was bidding on a jeep in canada, and was down to less than four hours, and then suddenly the auction had over five DAYS left. I guess they edited the listing when they wern’t getting enough money for it. I didn’t think you could do that with less than 24 hours in the auction, but anyhow I’m not buying this one…

You definitly just dont go up to canada, buy a vehicle and drive it back. It’ll probably get locked up in customs b/c chances are you dont have nearly the paper work done to get it here. There are a bunch of customs forms online that you can get, which all depend on what car u have and what you plan on doing with it. Everythings on my laptop, I coudl try to dig some stuff out tomorrow. Calling customs isn’t a bad idea either. Its hard to get the right person that knows the answers to your questions. I’ve had better luck considering Im a business and not a private individual…

BULLSHIT.

Alicia and I went to Toronto three weeks ago.

Birth certificates and Driver’s licenses only.

x2 and they actually let me in and didn’t even notice that my drivers license was expired

I’ve gotten in my last two times with nothing at all.

Actually it is illegal for a owner to drive from canada to usa for purposes of selling his car, but you must drive to canada and process it there. My friend bought a 80’s Omega that way this summer.