NEED INFO: MOTORCYCLE ROAD TEST

will do

ORLY? I’ll have to give my car insurance company a call[/QUOTE]

no dice.

ORLY?

That has to be a recent change then…because i’m just about positive that i remember that being one of the big selling points in me taking it, but that was about 5 or 6 years ago that i took it…so who knows :gotme:

When are you supposed to use them?
Would they mark you off for using them in the turns :smiley:

i’m sure i’ll get ripped for this, but…

at the MSF course, they tell you to keep your foot on the rear brake at intersections. i did that on my NYS motorcycle road test because that’s what you’re told at MSF. that was the only thing i was docked points on. no points would have been deducted if i had put both feet on the ground at complete stops.

when i asked him about it afterwards, he just said that a lot of people come in and do the foot on the rear brake, but he never understood why, and then he said that it doesn’t make any sense to do that when it’s more stable to have two feet on the ground and your hand on the front brake instead.

if i were you i wouldn’t do the foot on the rear brake thing at stops.

i did it, he said nothing, i got 100% on the test, shit was madd easy i don’t know why i panicked about it, but i agree, i mostly put 2 feet down and use the front brakes way more than the rear

really? you would think they would standardize this. congrats on passing though. it’s nice to ride around worry free.

I thought the MSF gave you a road test waiver?

it does

then why would dex take the road test after the MSF? hmm… lol

I took the msf last month and just got my road test waiver card. I’m not sure why dex took both…

i did not take both. i’m a lazy squid and just took the road test one day. however, all of my non squid friends went and took the MSF course. they were very adamant about the foot on the rear brake thing and they said that was the only bad habit i had that would cause a problem on the NYS road test. when i took the test, i was very careful to do as instructed, and that is what they docked me for on the road test.

i took mine in 2003 in brockport. i just had to go down the road, make a few turns, do some loops in the road one way and then the other and then the figure 8.

i got dinged for using my right foot to steady the the bike rather than having it on the brake.

i had to put my foot down once while doing one of the loops in the road because i had ridden the motorcycle that i took the test on for 5 minutes total because my plate fell off on the way to take the test so i borrowed a co-workers bike that lived right near brockport. she took me to take the test and explained the situation to the DMV lady and she said “oh well then he is doing splendid for only been on a different bike for a few miles”

i was going to take the test on my 1990 kaw EX500 but ended up taking it on a 1980 CB650 with bags and a windshield lol. i blazed home then on the 500 on backroads and went straight to the DMV to get new plates. :slight_smile:

Brian

i took it on a honda 250 baby bike