Need legal advice from my car accident....

Are you retarded?
Why wouldn’t you seek council?
Are you hurt? Call Edgar…seriously.

thanks and I appreciate the reality check… but dad doesnt like the last name mentioned in anything legal.

True…

Full tort allows you to sue for pain and suffering, whatever that is. You don’t have to have any medical bills or injuries to sue, you can simply try to go after emotional damage or inconvenience. For the small savings that a limited tort policy gives you a year I don’t think it’s worth giving up your rights to sue.

I’ve had a couple people hit me in the past and I’ve always gotten an extra couple thousand through either a lawyer or the threat of one going through a full tort lawsuit. Not that I’m a greedy bastard but the extra cash makes up for fixing the vehicle to my standards versus what the insurance company considers “fixed”. It also compensates me for having to deal with all the BS of having a vehicle in the shop and dealing with all the crap that goes with an accident.

jim you sound like you know what your talking about… is there any possiblilty I can get you on aim or phone?

call some differant atternys, lots do it for free, they’ll tell you on the phone if they can/ can not help. Maybe your GF at Taco Bell can help you with a ride for now.

well are you going to change your last name then? Your dad has been practicing law for 23 years now. you would think he might be able to at least point you in the right direction.

I’m not an attorney but I’ve been in a few car accidents over the years and have learned the ins and outs. Shoot me a PM with your phone number and I’ll give you a call this weekend.

yeah cause insurance companies take FOREVER

That Blows…bad…some drivers are just stupid

you just got F’d in the A

You’re pretty much :gaysex: screwed. 1st of all, you pulled out in front of her. Unfortunately, she has the right of way. I’m not saying it’s right, but that’s how it is. This is how the insurance companies get out of paying for damages. If you were already on the road & then she hit you, you would have a better chance.

I was in a accident in my Accord almost three years ago where the chick had a suspended license, & had a similar (no name) ins co. She pulled out in front of me & stopped. I hit her. The cops let her drive home, my car was totalled. The next day (xmas eve) the cop called to tell me her ins co was bogus. Merry xmas to me. Plus this was a work vehicle that I needed everyday. I had to get a rental, then eventually buy another car to use while I fixed my car that I owned for 6 weeks. I tried suing her. She never showed for the hearings. She in turn got an atty & sued me for damages to her blazer. Shes a dumbass 'cause I have insurance. My ins co got an atty involved. This was two years ago. I haven’t heard much until about two weeks ago. I got a hearing next week. Unfortunately the best the atty says can happen is she doesn’t show & then a judgement can be placed against her. Then I can arrange a sheriff’s sale of her property. She’s a deadbeat (I paid an investigator to locate her & find any properties that she owned - she has none), so I may not get anything. I ended up losing about $7K on the whole deal. Maybe I’ll get something, maybe not, but It’s gotta be a pain in the ass for her to deal with this.

Sorry to :rant: here, but you can see you are in for a bunch of BS. Fix your car & keep receipts. You may need them in the future. My Accord is long gone, but I may finally get something out of it. If not money, just the enjoyment of her having to go thru the BS & possibly sell anything that she has to get me something for my loss.

I was injured, but my insurance co took care of the medical bills. Do yourself a favor, get full coverage. I did.

Just my .02…

After reading all this I’m def getting full coverage on my car and I’m also getting the option to have a rental car when my car is in the shop. Fl. drivers truely are the best.

a good attorney in greensburg is GALLAWAY. call him he is great.

stewart & Mcardle or Mcabe & davis
booth of these guys come highly recomeded by a attounrey here

or judith siczik
thats my friends that in his office

the lawyer here is Myers but he is on Mobilization here at Ft Dix