Need More Power

Ok guys i need help i need more power but i want to keep my car, i know i know buy a V8. I need ideas to get more power out of my 3.4 v6 camaro im open to any ideas. The only limit is $$$. I cant find any after market parts for it that build it up. I mean the prowler and 350z are both 3.5L so wtf is the deal with the 3.4 in the camaro

nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwz

leaf blower

apples and oranges.

That’s like comparing the 1.8 8v from the late-80s VWs (<100hp) with an Integra Type-R 1.8 (185? hp)… sure, they’re similar sizes, but they’re two different beasts, built for two different purposes.

Start with a stock Z28 exhaust?

They have multi-cam engines designed in the last decade with 24 valves and computer designed manifolds / cylinder heads, while you have an 80s pushrod 12v boat anchor?

:rofl:

yeah, you kinda have to take the v6 camaro for what it is… i’d sink the cash into handling or save up for a v8.

i have a 02 z28 exhaust on it now and it sounds terrible moving but sitting there it sounds awesome and looks good

what about cam or something i need to spin the tires yup thats right no wheel spin unless its raining

dude why do you need to spin the tires? traction is key to winning races;)

American V8s are some of the best motors for (grass roots)racing application on the planet, tons of torque, cheap, good horsepower, and the newer stufff like LS1s arent even that heavy. Buy one you will like it.

If you cant afford a V8 and you say want to go faster, cut apart your car like that sentra that Sport Compact Car did. they got it to run 13s in the quarter with the stock 140hp motor, you have like 190-200 i think. I bet you could get low 13s if you Swiss cheesed the car.

Buy a V8, speed cost money, how fast do want to go.

FYI that first post isnt tongue in cheek, i wish I had more money to play around with a Fox body Mustang. They dont handle like my car but OMG power and RWD, plus i like the boxiness.

spray, but it isn’t gonna last long. Sell it and get atleast a LT1, you can pick one up for 4-6k or so.

the 3.4 DOHC like mine is a pretty easy swap. It’s from the same engine family, it’s been done before, you only have to do a few modifications. That or the FWD 3400’s is a no brainer swap to, sticking with the RWD version is just plain ghey.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/domchassis/shoppotos171.jpg