Need shop to do a tranny flush

ok, im looking for a shop to do a tranny flush and possibly filter change

Its a 1988 GMC s15 auto (700R4) with approx 2k miles on a fresh rebuild Unfortunately whoever rebuilt the tranny overfilled it, and I just caught it, while the fluid is a bit dark, the tranny has yet to act up, so i want a flush and refill with a filter change. I don’t want a shop that’s gonna try to sell me junk i don’t need. Just a Fluid flush, refill and filter change.

So who can you recommend who wont rape me on price or sell me shit i dont need

I would try Carnut on the boards here. He knows what he’s doing with a ton of different cars.

I could do it if you find nobody else, but it’s really not my bag of tea as I have no experience with those. I would imagine it’s a drop the pan and let the old shit spill out strategically cuz there is no drain plug, change filter and fill through dipstick hole, but I don’t know for sure. Sounds messy.

That’s perfect for a drain and fill but I think he wants a power flush

truth

I wouldnt do a power flush.From what i have been hearing it causes more problems than it does good if the pan isnt dropped first.

at my work (basil ford) we have a wynns machine that flushes it , we typically dont do many gm transmissions tho, its a option tho

no

anyone know anybody?

psychopjv

estorvito

nitroinsane

Top 3.

I’m sure there are more.

I do not know of anyone close to east bumfuck though.

Actually, try getting ahold of DJNick @ Autotune.

Stupid question, but why would you want to get a powerflush over just a drain?

depending on the tranny, drain & refill only replaces 1/2 - 2/3 of the fluid

flush gets it all, generally speaking

Reason I ask, I just got my tranny flushed at a shop a week ago and yesterday while heading back to class to see this white smoke trailing behind me as I pull up to the end of the highway I was on. No codes and none of my gauges move but as soon as I tried to accelerate, I did not move.

Turns out after I called AAA after seeing tranny fluid shot all throughout my undercarraige I pop the hood and see a hose is blown off coming back from my tranny fluid cooler. I fix it using an extra clamp the AAA guy had and explained I just had the flush done, he says they prolly used that line and did not clamp it down tight enough due to them being lazy.

So did I actually get a “flush” the first time around or just a drain and they call it a flush? At least I know I got a real flush the 2nd time around due to my engine bay being splattered with yummy red juices :tup:

if your hose was taken off they most likely used a machine to flush it like we do at work it takes old out and adds flush simultaniously then flushes out the flush and adds new at the same time