Need some advice (Car buying content)

Yea, IDK I may be looking at a fellow members car soon depending on what the bank says…

I’d love another G20… but I dont want a P11, I want a P10 chassis like I had but well hard to find one thats not beat to shit… or thats not asking over book value which wont fly with a car loan

I agree with Wayne. Pick a car that is reliable, not too bad on gas, and still looks nice. Accord, Camry, Maxima…they all fit the bill (like I said, I only know crap about Japanese cars since I don’t really pay attention to anything else). My vote would be for an 02-05 Accord/Maxima fully loaded. I’d sell my car for 3.5k (in stock form) or so but I don’t have anything else lined up.

I’d prolly burst into flames once entering the vehicle :lol

IDK 4th gen max never did it for me.

get an mk4 tdi jetta/golf. most reliable car i’ve owned.

Haha nah. Other than the suspension rattling on/off (which I’m still trying to track down) my car has no issues. I just did a bunch of maintenance on it and got it inspected in december.

I’m happy with it, but if someone offered me a certain price for it, I’d consider upgrading to a 5.5th gen.

Best post in this thread. Buy a civic/focus/econobox thats in nice shape for cheap, leave it alone and drive it!

There is nothing wrong with getting a loan, just make sure you can truly afford it.

Well if the bank gives me close the same rate on their calculator i checked, well then it will be cheaper than when I was paying for 2 iphones and I rocked that just fine making half of what I do now…

get a honda ,toyota or suttin along those lines cheap on gas reliable ,shoulda just put money into the g/p and ran it who cares if ya didnt like it much ya need a good daily and every car needs work from time to time .set your pride aside and rock suttin for longer than a few months and stay away from the shit ,as from what i have seen thats what your drawn to .

im glad i ddient throw money at the GP… the kid who i sold it to used it for parts for the GTP he wrecked…

He tried going thru the whole ignition system, still ran like shit…

motor ended up going.

Corolla!

since owning my sweet 97 celica, ive replaced:

1 CV
1 wheel bearing
1 tierod end
1 altenator(warranty)
4 spark plugs
1- exhaust manifold

= ~ 300$ in 50kmi and 2 years of driving.

and recently had the exhaust fixed(flex bellow, and 3 flange repairs) - 160$

~460$ total maitenance in 2 years… not bad. considering the wheel bearing, tierod end, CV joint and Exhaust had nearly 200k on them

www.fortorangemotor.net

Overpriced high mileage junk.

if ya want junk just cut out the middleman and go to the salvage yard yourself …cause thats all that dealership sells

actually they are competitively priced…and well below retail…a couple are even around private party pricing…WITH a warranty!

they actually really arent…most of these cars come from bigger dealerships (trade ins) …some are even one owner vehicles…

We’re well aware of where these cars come from. Ive been to several auctions.
I cant see financing a car with over 100k. I know some dealers put out cars and trucks with well over that but its kinda nuts to spend decent money on high mileage vehicles.

Alot of small dealers sell high mileage cars because they dont need to warranty anything with over 100k.

really ,if ya belive that ill sell ya my clean 1 owner f-150 never beat on .i have seen that guy at the auction lookin for shit in the red lanes lolololololol

NYS has a law any used car comes with a 30 day 1000 mile warranty…a buyer can purchase an extended one if they choose…and not all the cars are over 100k…and who said you had to finance the car? you can just go purchase it outright…

you dont even know the guy that works there…

dud eyou dont have a clue …any car over 100k has NO WARRANTY trust me i lived at auctions for a while and i can read the tags there also