Need some advise on HDMI cables.

when discussing cables in the realm of HDMI, you are simply wrong.

A digital signal is 1s and 0s, binary. There is no difference in the output of a 1 or 0. You obviously do not understand this concept, so you are retarded.

The difference you saw was probably in the Calibration and video settings. It’s a pretty easy way to justify your spendings.

I may not be part of the Audio/Videophile world. However, I am very much a part of the computer industry where the concept of sending 1s and 0s through a wire, is widely used.

Seems like you got the same results as I do…I’ve also wanted to use their power conditioners too but I don’t have $2,000+ to spend on one.

Signal Loss matters :fail:

Signal loss is only going to happen if there is a break in the cable, or if the wire distance is too great. As I said before, the 1 or 0 either makes it or it doesn’t. Any loss in bits would result in a missing picture, not a mutation of the picture.

high-end cables can break too

distance is distance, the output of the source will be more to blame than the cable. That is what signal amps and ethernet converters are for.

Don’t just sit here and tell us that some rich guy has you convinced that expensive cables are good. Come with facts.

The good thing about Monster is IF it breaks it’s covered under warranty and will be replaced for free.

Too bad that I can buy ~5 standard cables before I have spent the money on 1 monster.

Lol Check this out:

but can he explain why monster cable costs more than the same or better quality from other companies? lol.

lol at people who don’t know the difference between analog and digital telling us why we’re wrong.

Anyway, here are a few facts.

Q. Does HDMI accommodate long cable lengths?

Yes. HDMI technology has been designed to use standard copper cable construction at long lengths. In order to allow cable manufacturers to improve their products through the use of new technologies, HDMI specifies the required performance of a cable but does not specify a maximum cable length. We have seen cables pass “Standard Cable” HDMI compliance testing at lengths of up to a maximum of 10 meters without the use of a repeater. It is not only the cable that factors into how long a cable can successfully carry an HDMI signal, the receiver chip inside the TV or projector also plays a major factor. Receiver chips that include a feature called “cable equalization” are able to compensate for weaker signals thereby extending the potential length of any cable that is used with that device.

With any long run of an HDMI cable, quality manufactured cables can play a significant role in successfully running HDMI over such longer distances.
Return to top

Q. How do I run HDMI cables longer than 10 meters?

There are many HDMI Adopters working on HDMI solutions that extend a cable’s effective distance from the typical 10 meter range to much longer lengths. These companies manufacture a variety of solutions that include active cables (active electronics built into cables that boost and extend the cable’s signal), repeaters, amplifiers as well as CAT5/6 and fiber solutions.
Return to top

Q. How can I tell if a cable is an HDMI certified cable?

All HDMI products are required to be certified by the manufacturer as part of the HDMI Compliance Test Specification. However, there may be instances where cables bearing the HDMI logo are available but have not been properly tested. HDMI Licensing, LLC actively investigates these instances to ensure that the HDMI trademark is properly used in the market. We recommend that consumers buy their cables from a reputable source and a company that is trusted.
Return to top

Q. What is the difference between a “Standard” HDMI cable and a “High-Speed” HDMI cable?

Recently, HDMI Licensing, LLC announced that cables would be tested as Standard or High-Speed cables.

* Standard (or “category 1”) cables have been tested to perform at speeds of 75Mhz, which is the equivalent of a 1080i signal.
* High Speed (or “category 2”) cables have been tested to perform at speeds of 340Mhz, which is the highest bandwidth currently available over an HDMI cable and can successfully handle 1080p signals including those at increased color depths and/or increased refresh rates. High-Speed cables are also able to accommodate higher resolution displays, such as WQXGA cinema monitors (resolution of 2560 x 1600).

http://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/faq.aspx#44

here is another video from Monster comparing a No-name brand against a monster cable.

Again, not saying they are the greatest things on earth, just better than a lot of other crap out there

Just wait until wireless HDMi is affordable!!

We’ll all look back at this thread and laugh!