Need some chimney flashing repaired ASAP

So some water just started drip drip dripping onto my kitchen counter. Went up into the attic and it’s the flashing around the chimney. Went up on the roof and I can’t see any obvious places it’s leaking (I’ve put some roofing cement around it before) so I know it needs a pro to fix the flashing.

Anyone want to recommend a guy? 1QIKZ… Clever Construction??? Either of you guys do this kind of stuff?

You went up on the roof just now?!

Balls!

Brendansi I dunno if he comes on here anymore

1QikZ can do it.

I saw a commercial that said that roof repair can cost you $thousands. Just buy some flex seal. It’s rubber sealant in a can. Just spray it on and it will stop the leak. You can even cut the bottom out of your boat and paddle around if you weld in a screen door and spray it on the door.

That sucks. I was slated to have my chimney re done by a local mason but he’s a bit behind schedule now. I’d get up there with some roofing tar and do what you can for now to stop the leak and in the spring/summer have it done correctly.

LUL.

Sucks about the roof leak, hope the rain stops and you can get that done quick & cheap.

It had stopped leaking this morning so I think I’m just going to continue with the bucket on the counter system until this weekend when the sun is finally going to come out, then use this stuff to seal all around the chimney. I had about half a glass full of water in the bucket this morning.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_108952-29-0311-GA_0__?productId=1002189&Ntt=roofing+tar&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Droofing%2Btar&facetInfo=

We’re going to be replacing the roof in a year or two max anyway.

I had a vent stack leaking in my last house that I sealed up for a couple of years by shooting it full of expanding foam from inside the attic. It worked fine, but the vent stack seal was such that I could get the foam above the roof boards so I wasn’t just sealing the underside and leaving the wood exposed to water.

^ Wouldn’t hurt to hit it with some foam from the inside once I’ve done the outside repair I guess.

I’m tempted to blow off work right now and go tackle this since it looks like we’ve got a nice little break in the rain. I’m guessing the repair has a better chance to hold if I wait until Saturday when it really dries up though.