need some insight integra guys!

i need to know if all models of 2000 integras had an engine immobilizer. im about to buy a steering column for my civic so i can run my 2000 gsr ecu and finally inspect this thing legally, but all the junkyards have it listed as a general integra steering column. i know my gsr is equipped with it i just wanna make sure that all others (ls, gs, etc.) did as well so i know that i can program the key to my ecu and be done with this.

moved to Tech Discussion

?

idunno about ur question, but if u need an obdI integra steering column, i have one, with a beige steering wheel attached…for cheap

thanks for the offer but the one im buying has to be 00-01 maybe 99. i’m pretty sure they all had immobilizers but if anyone knows for sure let me know. i found a 00 on ebay with the key and a black leather wrapped wheel which looks real nice. that should be what i need.

I’m pretty sure it’s 2000 and up.

The immobilizer can be disable in the ecu, can’t it?

Yeah but you get a CEL, I think he needs to pass inspection

put your stock ecu in the car. doesnt matter that its not for that motor, it wont hurt it to drive it for a few days. drive it for a bit, make sure you go through 10-15 heat cycles, get it inspected, then put the other ecu back in. problem solved

i’m running an ecu with the immobilizer removed and i get the cel. that’s why i want to do this and i can get it inspected legally.

just put your stock civic ecu in the car from when you had the stock motor. it wont have a cel, it will pass, and you dont have to spend stupid amounts of money on a new steering column.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-555I-IMMOBILIZER-BYPASS-MODULE-FOR-HONDA-ACURA_W0QQitemZ250156844697QQihZ015QQcategoryZ60203QQcmdZViewItem
???

[quote=“I Have an STD,post:11,topic:33940"”]

just put your stock civic ecu in the car from when you had the stock motor. it wont have a cel, it will pass, and you dont have to spend stupid amounts of money on a new steering column.

[/quote]

i don’t have the ecu anymore it’s been long gone. i probably would’ve kept it if i knew that the sohc 1.6 ecu could run my dohc 1.8. currently i have 2 '00 p72 ecu’s, one with an immobilizer and one without, and a chipped p2p for when i run obd1. I’ve found the columns with a key for about 150 it’s not too bad. all the obd1 ek civics on here seem to have a hard time selling because of the inspection issue so i’m mostly doing this to eliminate that hassle when it comes time to get rid of it.

[quote=“sureshot007,post:12,topic:33940"”]

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-555I-IMMOBILIZER-BYPASS-MODULE-FOR-HONDA-ACURA_W0QQitemZ250156844697QQihZ015QQcategoryZ60203QQcmdZViewItem
???

[/quote]

i believe these are for remote start systems and you need an immobilizer key to put inside the box. i’ve definitely come across them while searching but don’t think they’re the solution.

[quote=“jdmEK9gsr,post:13,topic:33940"”]

I’ve found the columns with a key for about 150 it’s not too bad.

[/quote]

you could get another SOHC ecu for way less than $150 :fyi:

[quote=“MXS,post:15,topic:33940"”]

you could get another SOHC ecu for way less than $150 :fyi:

[/quote]

exactly. they are worthless to the tuner community because you cant chip them. find one of those on honda-tech or something. cant be more than $60. then all you’ll have to do is swap over the ecus when its time for inspection. oh, and fyi, you dont have a chipped p2p. p2p ecus are obd2.

[quote=“I Have an STD,post:16,topic:33940"”]

exactly. they are worthless to the tuner community because you cant chip them. find one of those on honda-tech or something. cant be more than $60. then all you’ll have to do is swap over the ecus when its time for inspection. oh, and fyi, you dont have a chipped p2p. p2p ecus are obd2.

[/quote]

i’m retarded. i thought i tossed my original ecu but i obviously have it because that’s the p2p i mistook for my obd1. thanks for the info i wasn’t aware that i could run my gsr motor on a different ecu, safely anyways. that’ll save me some cash. :ohyeah:

[quote=“jdmEK9gsr,post:17,topic:33940"”]

i’m retarded. i thought i tossed my original ecu but i obviously have it because that’s the p2p i mistook for my obd1. thanks for the info i wasn’t aware that i could run my gsr motor on a different ecu, safely anyways. that’ll save me some cash. :ohyeah:

[/quote]

just dont beat the piss out of it. drive it around like normal, and the o2 sensor takes care of the AFR differences for the most part.

so i just plugged in the p2p and the car cranks but doen’t turn over. seems like it’s not getting fuel or something. i remember when i got the wiring done at hybrid don said something about having to change some pins for the '00 p72 bc something was different from the '99. this p2p is from a '99.

well, if it doesnt start, im sure it throws a cel code. check what it is, then report back. you can check an obd2 honda the same way you can an obd1. most people dont know this, but the connector is there