Need some new gear.

Picking up another bike soon, been awhile since I’ve had one and need some new gear.

What local dealers/shops have a good selection?

Looking at textile probably, but not against leather. need a jacket at the very least right now, big guy 5’11" 250lbs so I want to try some shit on rather than buy online and hope their sizing charts are correct :lol

merci beaucoup

I’ve bought most of my gear at Phibbs. Not a huge selection but they’ve got a decent amount.

Seymour’s? What bike you getting???

ooh la la renault moulin rouge

looking at buell lightnings. xb12s

So dope!

its not too close but the best selection by far that i have seen is sportline in warrensburg

every shops inventory pales dramatically in comparison with any online retailer. a friend of mine lives in NYC. says there is some flagship store down there and they still have shitty selection

there are websites that try to help you out with the sizing issue. there was a site called ‘new enough’. they changed thier name, but if you google that you will find them. they used to offer you a 110% refund when you returned something to cover the shipping. i think they do something else now but smart sites will offer you something like that because its quite an issue.

if you like textiles i’d recomend checking out the scorpion hat trick jacket. might be the only jacket you need for mild to really hot weather

any suggestions on cold weather gloves?

Thanks for the suggestions fellas

Pibbs is a rip off, I paid full price for an out of date HJC Fs-15 helmet from them last year.

O.P Check out riders discount, Sports bike track gear, passion motor sports cycle gear. I’m forgetting names here but if I remember I’ll post up.

They usaully have Awesome deals! local stores want crazy prices. there is a dealer ship on state street that wants 500 plus for a shoei RF-1100.

I know a site currently having a sale on shoei helmets the Shoei X-12 for 560! I never buy local anymore.

Street and competition all the way dude. They’re awesome there. Talk to Chris, he’s a really good dude and will help you out as best as he can. I ordered some stuff from them once and it ended up being too big, brought it back to them and they reordered in the correct size for me and it cost me nothing. The selection isn’t the greatest but their customer service is excellent.

^^ I grew up with Chris. He loves what he does and will not steer you wrong!

S&C is nice for racer stuff, especially if you have racer discount and get it from track side outside of NY. If you want to support a local business and get certain items quick, than S&C all the way.

S&C showroom don’t stock a lot of stuff since Miles usually took most of the stuff and bring it to the tack. They are mostly geared towards racer, and racer gear. If you are looking for general rider stuff they most likely will not have it and in the showroom for your to try.

If you know it is rip off, then why buy? Just wondering. Very rare will store pricing especially bike dealership able to match internet, unless they also do sales over the internet.

They can get you anything though. The icon pants and jacket I got aren’t for racing. They had the jacket in stock for a while and were having trouble moving it. I went in there looking at alpinestars stuff but none of them really fit me well and someone recommended that I try on the icon one since it was my size, and it fit great, and they gave me a hell of a deal on it since it’d been in there for a while and they wanted it gone. Then I got pants as well, that’s the item I returned due to them not fitting.

I went there for race takeoffs too and Chris hooked me up that day. He had exactly what I was looking for, went out of his way to find the set that had the most life left in them and all of that, it was a good experience.

I shop for ‘gear’ at Walmart. Pick up a cheap pair of jeans, a pack of Hanes T-shirts, and some cheap boots. This way, when you go down, you’re not out a whole lot of money.

^ They can get you anything, yes; but I think OP wants to find a store with lots of stuff stocked so he can try things out. If OP already knows what he wants and the size it will fit, he could have just order it online; I guess that’s my point.

That doesn’t mean anyone looking for gear should not visit their showroom. You have no idea how grateful I am being that they local and so close to albany.

That’s my point though, even if he doesn’t find what he’s looking for it’s worth stopping in anyways. He might find something else he’s into, or he might just get to know a valuable local resource. It’s so close, it doesn’t hurt! :tbu

I picked up an HJC from them a year ago way over priced before I knew better. Most dealerships if you buy a motorcycle in cash they throw in a free helmet of that level. They also have a website with stuff way to pricey.