Need Suggestions Choosing Rims/Tires

i was just going to tell you waht fairgentleman told you.

get the fattest 17 bmw rim, as you know it will fit your application and give you tire options

-dont get r comps if you have never raced before, or have limited experience as this will help you learn the limits and characteristics of your application.

another rim choice could be the Kosei K1, cheap, light, strong(tho idk if they make them to fit your 3 series)

–or even another would be ssr comps, light, prolly not as expensive as the bbs and will def. fit/run the sizes you want and give you the reliability you need.

as for tires, your running street tires anyway, go to tirerack and get the optimal street tire for your needs(durability/grip/size/expense)

Why? A cold road course tire is better than a street tire any day of the week, except in rain conditions and sno-X.

That is true, but for the cost of some of those tires why give up the ability (relatively speaking) in the rain for that cost? Since Josh wants an all around ( ugh ) tire, the road course tire kind of leans more to the road course stuff than anything else. I don’t think the road course tire really makes that much more impact than a Falken RT615, or Hankook Rs2 Z212 on an autocross course. At least not enough to justify the cost. I think a Yoko A046/A048, RE050 Potenza would be better than the Toyo RA1 for double duty.

With no track time. I’d stick with RE050A’s or something similar, with experience, wanting to do AutoX and Track, no question, RA1 or MSPC. Without a doubt. The best bang for your buck.

Ahhh, yes but…(this could go on forever)

Since he said he wanted a track only wheel/tire combo means he is willing to swap tires. That being said he could use his street tires if it is raining or better yet be a fairweather driver. :stuck_out_tongue:

But, it has been said enough times, get street tires for the first season. Personally the cheaper the better, same for the wheels.

I thought he said:

:stuck_out_tongue:

But we’re all saying the same thing so quote for truth:

I was surfing Tire Rack today after talking to neurokinetik, and it seems that Tire Rack can now custom make some OZ three piece wheel to your specification. Check it out:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=145

Superleggas are relatively lightweight, right?

Thanks for the info rick. the Superleggera’s are heavy (24lbs) and only come in 18"+. The Ultraleggeras are the lightweight, single piece cast wheels.