Need suggestions for a shop/unit

Ok so I’ve been in deep discusion with a close friend (jpod89), and we got into the idea of a place simply to work on our vehicles, and others, along with a small unit to pretty much hang out.

Now my brother and his buddies use to have a unit atop my cousins old body shop where they would pretty much hang out whenever they wanted, and paid rent.

Now i’ve always loved that, and wanted something of the sort for myself and friends, but aswell i’d want to be able to work on not only my own vehicle but have room for maybe 1 or 2 more with some good breathing room.

Now pretty much this is both an inquiry and proposition for a couple others who’d like to joing our venture.

So, post away!

Great idea, just make sure that everyone is signed in and cool with the funds and no one starts bailing.

how much?
and where?

Not exactly sure yet Chris.

Mainly we’d like to see who’d be interested, and be able to find a good place to start this.

This is something we want to have ready for the beginning of the summer if all goes well.

Also whats good is, if who ever would be joining us, would be able to do paying jobs for people who needed it (unclaimed side job :wink: ). So in reality, you’d be making money with the knowledge to fix something accordingly.

We’d also alow tool storage, so bringing your own box would not be a problem, only thing that would have to be worked out would be space, considering it would be limited.

Engine swaps will become a breeze with the proper space and tools :wink:

i know of a few people who got like 20 or so people… rented a shop and just use it as a club/shop. I think its a great idea because great place to hang out, people can come over and help each other out.
When your board you just go to the shop work on your car, or help someone out.
The more people u get the more money available to be used to get a better or larger shop.
I would do this in a heartbeat, and or join anything like this.
First what i would do is check out possible locations and get prices. Try to look for the best bang for the buck and try to find a place that people would want to drive to.
I would try to find something just outside the city or a unit that is off the main road. This would probably get u the best bang for the buck i would think.

im not sure how much it costs to rent something like this but with 20 people paying 500 a year i think you could get a decent shop. And upon successful implementation the members would probably see benefits to justify $500. I wouldn’t go as far to make a buck on the side doing work until u get something like this up and running successfully

Yea thats my whole perspective on this. Its such a good idea just to be able to go to the shop whenever you’d like. Obviously there would be some sort of contract for key holders regarding property etc etc, but that would to be discussed later on.

What i was thinking, is maybe a who ever would be interested atm, a couple of us should venture around during a week or so and start getting some quotes from places.

Whatcha think?

Sounds like a cool idea. I’m probably a little too far east to be an active participant, none the less, I’m interested in seeing this unfold.
Good Luck!

My only issue is as Martino said, property issues. Obviously someones name needs to go on the papers and a lot of people are bound to have trust issues at some point… Space is also an issue. 5 people want to use a 2-3 car unit. Problems.

Just what I’ve been thinking…

i think its a great idea…i would love to participate but i think im a bit too far…down in niagara

then i can rent out your parents garage right?..lol
But sounds good if it was down near the niagara area i would be in

you know what you need to do is.
find a place nothern or w/e
like even as much as caledon or w/e i know its a bit out of the way but think of it, just random numbers like as in a 200sq foot place down town is gunna be like i duno 140,000… when if you go nothrern or something liek that a 200sq foot place is gunna be 110,000.
also…you should try to find a licensed mechanic that is willing to do side jobs so people know what they pay for is good. ALOT of performance shops these days are ran by people with out a license. fuck id be interested but you gotto find a place.

i would be interested but anywhere past Mississauga is to far for me. Out in flambrough and my area there is a ton of places big enough and cheap enough to do something like this!

iv been thinking about doing that shit for a long as time! it would be soo dope!

http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-housing-commercial-Garage-on-commercial-zoned-50-x-300-property-W0QQAdIdZ41404273

Anyone want to pitch on this place? I know there’s guys from Barrie around here.

not bad, could be of good use in the summer, that all depends on where i get a job.

heres one in toronto
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-housing-commercial-800-sq-ft-Wharehouse-Workshop-sublet-W0QQAdIdZ34305729

kind be done for a few years already guys…

see ORF link :slight_smile:

www.turbo240sx.ca

yea…and its in alliston…i live in toronto.
Its great if your doing a huge amount of work…but where are you gonna sleep? Your car? What if the interiors gutted…
Im not gonna drive 40min everyday to work on my car for a short time.

The point of the shop i’d want is located in toronto so that i can just jump in my car and get there in no time, do what i have to do and leave, or chill with many other people who dont live far.

ORF is a good idea…just not for people living in toronto.

I think you sould see whos interested, and how far they would be willing to travel. If i’m gona be paying for it I would want it to be reasonably close. Some where near the highway. Like 401 and 400 would be nice and make it a fast drive for people from all around. I would be down for something like this. I think the only thing the shop would really need is a Lift and a welder. The rest we would supply and the shop is just for what we dont have at home. This is a good idea.

Yea i wanna have it in that kind of area.
I’m still waiting on talking to my cousin bout his old unit.

Its located at Highway 7 and Martin Grove, yes near the shitvic gathering timmies… lol