Need the IT Guys help

Okay well, Im having a little problem here at work, errr not really a problem, but I wanna make life a little easier for me and my boss. I tried to find some good IT profesional forums but cant find this one I found a while back and never bookmarked, seemed very active, the ones i found a little while ago sucked, werent hardly active.

So… Here at my work, we do not operate inside a domain, we have 15 branches on the east coast but do not have the money/ human resource to setup small domains within each site and have the VPN into here. We tried a domain here at latham and had everyone link into here but it was to damn slow. So we have a workgroup. Now if we were in a domain it would be really easy to push windows updates/installs etc… but seeing as we are not in a domain, I have to touch every computer, install office, updates, antivirus etc… I was wondering if it was possible to do a batch script, or multiple batch scripts that either I could run and only click a couple times and my problems are solved or have a batch script that executes on startup to check for windows/anti virus updates… I’d like to be able to run a batch script on a new mahcine and have it install office, updates, antivirus and numera track it… our helpdesk program… rather that insert the cd, click install etc… if I could put all the files on my 2.5inch USB hard drive and do it all in one shot that would be great…

I dont know how any of you here are with scripts or familiar with them, if not if any of you know a good IT forum that would be great!

Kill it with fire.

Fix’s the problem temporarly till i get a new machine, I think my boss would be a little upset if I burned all the new machines we were getting

Its been a long while since I have touched anything of this nature but lets see if I can remember this at all…

Wouldn’t it be possible to create a ghost disk with all the files and programs you want and just go around installing that one disk on each setup? Or does that only work for when reformatting and starting anew. If I even got the terminology correct lol.

Well yes that works with new machines… but the problem is that we use all differant versions… Vista buisness/ultimate/homebasic… XP home… different versions of of office on each machine… but im not looking just for something to do with the new machines, but also somethign with the old ones so that I don’t have to click a billion times to get everything up and running

So, you are looking to install software from your PC to a remote PC as “silently” as possible? I guess you’re not being specific enough for me to fully understand.
I’ve used Wininstall to create silent MSI files and also PSexec to open remote cmd on remote computers: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx
I have made tons of batch files for remote silent pushes, queries, etc. Since I started working for the state and am no longer challenged, I can’t remember all the useful knowledge I once had :sad