Need tire/rim help.

Looking for new options with a street tire. How wide can i go on a factory 8 inch wide rim? Was looking at 295/40/18 and also 305/45/18. Will the rim not be wide enough?

Thanks.

All of the major tire manufacturers have the specs that you’re looking for on their sites, along with Jegs, Summit, etc. Go by that-not by how some internet warrior was able to get the wrong size tire on.

Well first off the factory rim is 7" not 8. A 255 is about as wide as you want to go.

Thought the Daytona rims were 8". I didnt want to text you and bother you :rofl. I need wider than 225. Hmmm.

Can’t believe these shits come with such a small wheel. I’m sure there is plenty of room for something much wider? Either way, sidewall>width when it comes to traction anyway

The 20" Daytona wheels are 8" and the SRT wheels are 9". You can get Vreds in a 255/55/18 but you better have snows for winter cause the Vreds suck in even a dusting.

I have the snows that are on it now. Was gonna pick up some decent hooking tires for the rear like the nitto radials but i need sidewall with the 3:73’s

Just run 17’s on the rear with M&H

They’ll be gone quicker than me vs. You at maple grove.

The snows are 255/60/18 so i think im going to look at a 255/45/18 nitto. I wish i could fit 275/45/18.

i thought ya bought new wheels yo ?

Had bogarts for the track. See eriks sig for where they are now :’(:’(:’(:’(:’(

ahhhhhh they looked familiar lol

Actually those are the old Bogarts with the 9" rear rim…gotta get new pics. And stop crying about it…no one twisted your arm.

Ill cry about it forever.

Thats just cause your shit ain’t running right now. Once it is back on the street it won’t bother you as much.

I wouldn’t push it past a 255 if ya cant go taller than 40 aspect ratio. More aspect ratio will allow more width. 275/55/18 if it fits in the car and is even available. I just shattered my little 10 bolt with some 255/50/16 MT ET Streets. Its a lot of traction if ya got the suspension. I think with all the weight you should be fine.

my old radials still holdin up ? lol wow

Looking at the 255/55/18 nitto’s.

heh…not really. The IRS on these is a tricky launch on a 275/50/17.

IRS is a mofo. Thats why Ford went back to solid axle…