Needed first credit card (INPUT PLEASE)

i always get denied for credit cards…

i own a house, bike, and car, all the bills in the house are in my name, yet i CONSTANTLY get denied for a credit card…

i applied for a loan last week and the interest rate was 18% for 3 years and for only 3500 dollars… so i came to the realization that i need a credit card

i got denied for a zales card on xmas, but belden jewelers accepted me, that was my first credit card, but its paid off already and my credit score still doesnt show anything…

whos the best company to go through

-what i would look for/need

• 0% for 12 months
  • i dont want a huge limit 1k would be plenty sufficient
  • cash advance options to avoid a small loan

anything else thats nice to have please put ur input?

btw im 20 years old i should have taken care of this 2 years ago… (im an idiot) o well

list your card and options please

capital one FTW

indeed.

they are good to me.

How do you own a house and get denied for a credit card?

paid cash for the house… i dunno, you’d be surprised i get denied for everything… lol

anybody got a link to the capital one promotion that you signed up for???

im a student, so i dont know i see ads for chase student cards all the time, as well as capital one too

actually, if you own a house, what bank is your mortgage through? Typically if you have a home, they will give you a card that is leveraged on your homes equity, which means even better rates, and better perks.

edit: saw above post… but i am leaving this here anyhow, and Click here for capital one ‘new to credit’

Take a mortgage on the house. Cheaper than a loan or credit card.

it says 19.8% apr… isnt that kind of alot for a credit card???

im looking for something thats like 0% for the first 3 months or something… do they have entry level cards like that???

Your first credit card is going to have a harsh rate. You just have to deal with it. Once you establish yourself, you’ll start to get better offers.

not when it is your first one and you have no established credit.

im a noob, but lets say i buy a set of leathers online for 600 bucks on the credit card, then i go to the credit card site, can i pay the bill online immediately with my debit card? will that help me establish credit???

thanks for the help too

you will get a bill at the end of the month for x amount, whatever you charged. typically you have until the end of the next billing period, or 2 weeks depending on what co, to get payment in before intrest is charged.

It will but it wont. having the card and being able to pay the balance is a good thing, but credit card companies hate you. You wont be paying them any interest. It is always a good idea to have a card with a low interest rate and carry a balance. I know that your first card will have a high rate, so charge up say 600 dollars, but only pay 550 of it, and carry a 50 balance. Be sure to make all payments on time and for more than the minimum.

is this true? i have a month or so to pay a bill before interest is charged???

more or less, yes, but read the above post. To establish credit, you will need to carry a balance.

honestly not typical. What you have is the time between statements. Esp. on a new credit card without all of the perks of a more established card, if you charge it in a billing period, wether it is the first or last day, it will be on the next months statement with applicable interest. Just make the payment 1 day before the statement is to be printed. There are actually card companies that are being dicks and are counting and compounding interest day one of the purchase, it is the new way to get around people paying off the balances

yea i read that… 19% of a 40-50 dollar balance isnt bad… whats the minimun payment like on that?

Well, obviously I am alittle out of the loop, I apolgize for that.

your minimum payment will be around $15 typically

Go to Kauffmans in the mall, apply for their credit card. You’ll get it, trust me. They will set a ridiculously low limit on it at first, like 250-300 bucks. Go buy yourself some jeans or whatever. As soon as you get your first bill, you’ll be getting the credit card pre-approved applications in the mail. The kauffmans card is nice too because the minimum payment is always at least 25 bucks even if the balance is only like 30 bucks or whatever.