Negotiating technique tips....

ok im looking to trade my bike this week and the kid went down on the price then told me realized my bike didnt have an aftermarket pipe on it, so he went back up in price or offered to put the stock pipe back on… that being said… when i go look at the bike i was wondering if anybody had any tips on being a BETTER negotiator…

EX- when you want a day off from work dont go to the boss and say “Can i have the day off?” instead of that use the word “YOU” in the sentence… according to this article i read by using the word YOU in the question it makes the person feel like they have control over the situation…

so say “do you think that you could possibly get by without me this weekend, my family is in town and i would really appreciate it”

I love the psycological aspect of peoples minds, OT by the book how to get out of speeding tickets… purchased last year… was pulled over 6x in the past 2 years… havent got a ticket since… On another note before the book i was pulled over 4x and got off only once…

ON TOPIC… any tips to negotiate a change in price would be helpful… thanks

Due to a misunderstanding, aftermarket parts have been exhanged for standard OEM parts to restore it to its original state, therfore the price has been ajusted.

ok…just to make sure i have this right: the bike your buying currently has an aftermarket exhaust. the person buying it thought yours did, which apparently it doesnt. i would assume that he would want to take his off and put it on yours when he gets it.

assuming that i have the story correct, heres what i would do:

get on eBay and find out what that exhaust or an equivilant one is going for. then u tell him that u can get one online for ‘X’ ammount of dollars. say u will give him that much. now, i have no idea what bikes cost and what bike exhausts cost, but im just gonna use some numbers here. so lets say your bike is worth 5 grand and he wants $6800 for his with the exhaust, $6300 without. lets say u find that a new exhaust would be $500. so u low-ball him and say u will give him and extra $300 to compensate for the exaust thus u would be giving him your bike and $1600. if he really wants to get rid of his bike and really wants your bike, he will take it.

like i said, i dont kno what bikes and bike parts cost, but try and play the numbers game with him. people get confused with numbers really easily. just make sure u kno your numbers and your facts before heading into the deal.

tell him… the price is still the same. take it or leave it. <— only if you gave him a great deal