Nelson Ledges Fun day 10/15/11

Me, Justin, and angryhero are going on saturday.

The event was changed to a fun day so it is now a open event.

what time are you planing on leaving and then being back by?
dont put any pads on backwards :stuck_out_tongue:

lol meeting at my house at 5am on the road by 5:15 is the plan. I just realized that my truck needs fuel (as does my car) and I didn’t run to the bank before loading the trailer. looks like I have to get up extra early

Good luck. Weather looks like it’s going to be pretty rotten.

It was a monsoon on the way there but when we arrived the track was dry and the rain held off all day!

First time for me.Now im addicted

Yeah track conditions were dry but very windy. It made standing around a bit uncomfortable but it was a great day on course.

So embarrassing moment of the day for me. session 1 lap 1 turn 1 leaving the pits. probably 40-50mph. make the right hander and the car loops right around like I was on fucking ice. all 4 in the mud. threw a fuck load of mud and grass onto turn one. watching the tire wall whizz by me as I slide thinking what a fuck tard moment this is to wipe the front end of the car off this early in the day. The grounds were very muddy and the SHO got stuck and apparently there was mud on the side of the tread so when I turned it lubricated my rear end and around I went.

Overall changes to my car. (unrelated to the above incident) The only thing that has changed on my car is I added a rear strut bar. It added quite a bit of oversteer to my car. It is very difficult to control and caused several moments where I ended up riding turns in a complete 4 wheel drift when that is not the intent. I feel my lap times suffered quite a bit because of this so I will be removed at some point in the spring. I will probably be putting the car in storage in a week or so. I am done for the season with it. She will be put away with massive cracks in the front rotors and a bad RR wheel bearing that could not handle the abuse from nelson ledges. 3 events for the year and I am in for a pair of rotors and a wheel bearing… I am not complaining!

ee06sti and I (from BufScoob) are going on the 22nd if you want to tag along!

Im glad it went well, I really wish i could have joined. I didnt get as much done today as i was hopping crappy weather here and all, should have just grabed the dealer plate… although im not sure how other states like you crossing lines with it. did justin end up going?

There was a STI there that I rode in. dude seemed pretty cool and not at all afraid to push his car to the limit. Do you know him? he was from rochester

I doubt it, dont really know many people from rochester. Hes probably on buffaloscooby though.

he said he was but does not really post much. it was a lot of fun trying each others lines. I had him follow me and I could not quite shake him in the corners. He said he really had to work it in the corners so we were pretty close there but in the straights he would pull hard as well as the braking zones. I lost my brakes trying to out run him and got pretty out of shape coming into 12. good times though.

after driving the track last week I’ve decided I should give a funday a try. Planning on be there on the 22nd.

Ahhh. I could have made this and missed this thread.

I will make it to one of these in the spring. Was gonna try to go to this one but had to spend my money on speeding tickets Due to using highway on ramps as race tracks

you better flatfoot exitng carousel all the way to turn 12. :wink:

OK, I guess I’m kidding seeing as you’ll be going super damn fast, but seriously at least hit the kink holding like 110.

This track is honestly the first track I’ve ever actually been worried about from a saftey standpoint. So damn fast.

Nice to meet you yesterday. We tried to stop you at the gas station in OH where rt 11 meets the 90 to see if you wanted to grab a bite with us.

The weather was great, and there was a good turnout.

vids?

First view is the beginning of the day, mis shift and all. First laps ever on this track. Second view is the last run of the day. At the end, the porsche must not have seen me and pushed me off the side of the track coming out of the pits. No damage other than lots of mud. I want to go here a LOT more often.

Fun was had!