Neon ACR >= Cobalt SS N/A

So last year, me and Matt (redssna) decided that our cars should be relatively close in a drag. Matt’s car, in stock form should be making about 170hp, but he had a modified air box on his Cobalt, while mine should have been making 150hp, when it was shiney and new 12yrs ago. I had added a Mopar PCM, TTI underdrive pulley, ram air intake, and a decked head @ .030. Figured it should be close.

So we took it to zee highway, and tried. We both were very even, with the neon only having a slight edge. Things have changed between both our cars since last summer, and we went head to head again yesterday. Matt has put a catback exhaust on his car, and also installed a real Cold Air Intake. Since last year, I have only done suspension mods, with the exception of a Catback exhaust as well. Well, things have not changed. Both our cars have gotten faster, but the results are still the same. We both were relatively close, with the neon having just an edge. The game is on between us, to see who can outrun who. Neither of us really plan on doing much more to our cars until winter comes around, so let the winter :SNKY: :SNKY: games begin! Spring 2008 shall be alot of fun for both of us.

Good runs. I was there for last year’s race and it was neck and neck.

What is a NA Cobalt SS? Does it actually exist?

Yeah. 2.4L with VVT rated at 173 crank hp from factory.

Ah, I thought all Cobalt SS were SC

Negative.

I too thought all Cobalt SS’s were supercharged. I looked it up, its official from GM, they have a NA option with ^^^posted above :wink:

Weird aint it…kind of a let down.

lol it comes down to this really…

NA SS = Solid rear axle, 2.4L VVT Ecotec, little wing
SC SS = Independant rear, 2.0L Supercharged, shopping cart handle

SS NA = lame?

all cobalts are solid rear axle

I thought the SC SS’s had independent?

nop

battle of the slow.

Nope, they are definately ALL solid rear axle…quite a let down…

I call you out to a foot race from a walking roll. :stuck_out_tongue:

With or Without his broken leg?

:loopie:

Hmm, minor details.

you can get any wing you want on either model now. No more park bench gayness in the SS SC

i thought all ss’s have sc’s.