neon brake help

Me and my buddy are having some difficulty trying to get the brakes to work on his neon. Originally the car had drums in the back but he did a rear disk conversion. The car has no ABS. He’s tried a couple different master cylinders but no matter what the combination the pedal is still always mushy. We have it rigged now so that all four caliphers should get equal braking power so to try to get some pedal, but even after bleeding the brakes its still mushy. He’s buying a proportional valve tommarrow to still for the rear brakes but would that make a difference? Maybe increase the pressure to the front? Any help or ideas would be great. Trying to get this situated by sat so we can auto-x sunday.

was it mushy before the rear disk conversion?

u r going rr lr rf lf its mushy with car off?

what are you using for hte rear disc conversion…wat car did you get em from?

no, it was solid brake pedal feel.

we tried it that way and then another way that a neon guy said your suppose to do it. neither way worked.

He got the spindles and stuff from a first gen neon. Then bought new rotors and pads for it.

did you swap the master cylinder and brake booster, cause i was told to do that swapo you would need to do that too…i may be wrong though, ill ask dusty today over here at the car shop…he knows his shit…espescially about neons

Swapped the master cyclinders but never the brake booster. You think that could be it?