del sol rear disc brake swap

Im going to be doing a rear disc swap on my sol, does anyone know if I should change the master cylinder? Im not sure if there are different types for each model or what. Any other advice and info is appreciated too. Thanks,
Steve

no, your stock master will handle it, your going to need a 4040 prop valve tho.

people change thier masters alot and it does little to nothing, it only helps if you already has stainless steel lines.

^ where can I get that proportioning valve? I would assume thats the standard valve used with rear disc hondas?

integra with rear discs, can be had on this forum and on ebay in the 30$ range.

cool thanks man, my stock valve wont send enough pressure to the rears soon enough or whats the reason it needs to be done?

I have disks on mine you can look at before you venture out on this.

^ ok i have the stuff for the swap but i can swing over

I never swapped prop valves on my setup. I had GSR’s on all 4 corners, and an LS (or was it an old 4 door?) MC… meh, it was the same size as the integra one, but the holes were in the right position, and the threads were the same.

Anywho, the fronts still locked up first… if you are really going to swap the prop valve, get an adjustable one.

Don’t forget to pick up parking brake cables.

I did the swap and did not change the prop valve and my back disc would lock up at like 5% brake …I think it is your best interest to spend the $35ish and buy one