neon lighting law

since the new scion tc comes stock with floor lighting, am i correct in assuming that its legal to have in any car as long as its only seeable from inside the car and not outside and theres no tube visable?

is the mighty colbolt getting some neon?

it already has interior neon but only on the floor, i was just wondering if i get stopped for it if i can have something to defend myself, a few of my friends have been stopped and had the lighting on when the cop came to the window and they didnt say anything but i just wanted to make sure

Option 1: wire them to a switch. If you get pulled over, turn them off.

Option 2: take the faggy neons out of your car

Option 3: sell the Cobalt and get a car that doesnt suck

Option 4: kill yourself

personally, I’d suggest options 2-4.

X 14.9 hah!

thanks for all the helpful comments but i was really trying to see if anyone knew for sure the legalities of them. im guessing not at this point…

this is the best idea

well i figured i would all the token “get rid of the gay neons” comments but i was hoping in between all those i would get a solid answer to my question…

probably not

not too many people care to question the legality of such a fagort car accessory. :beer:

yet you all clicked on the thread about something you didnt like, ok then…

:smiley:

yeah?

what is the question??? you aren’t allowed to drive with any extra lights that would possibly obstruct your driving.

then if thats the case these arnt illegal to drive with then since they dont distract me or any other drivers on the raod since they cant see them

Neon Lighting Sucks

have a good day :down:

Its illegal because its considered ordamental lighting that didn’t come stock with the car.

Best bet just rig them with a switch if you want them.

Neons are Illegal period. Technically in PA the only lighting you can add under ordamental lighting are marker lights and then they can only be amber or Red in color. No blues, whites, purples or what ever. No Yellow and red neons don’t count.

well if that is the case then, how does scion get away with equipping these lights on the TC in stock form, mine are in the exact same place and everything and i could add a switch but its been too cold so i just have them set to turn on with the ignition and they dont turn off until i open my car door

ok here is your reading lesson…

THEY DON’T COME STOCK AS A FACTORY OPTION ON YOUR CAR. GET OVER IT.

Here is somthing else you can cry about. Your tint is illegal too.

because i’m doubting hte scion TC comes iwth them ON at all times… i bet they are just used when the door is open???

ontop of that, if they are OEM then it’s ok… yours aren’t.

well i know the tint is illegal all tint on the front windows is illegal no matter how light, but why does it matter what car comes with the lighting stock, if one can do it then we should all be allowed to, thats like saying my car has heated seats stock but if the Tc installed them that would be illegal cuz it wasnt factory, im not crying i was just curious