Netbooks... What Do You Know?

So I wont lie, I haven’t explored into this idea very much at all but my buddy just scooped up a netbook and I have to say, Im quite impressed! As a student and a general computer user, these seem more than powerful enough to handle my day to day computing tasks with comfort.

I really like this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9078534&type=product&id=1218016541018

$315 on a computer with almost identical specs to what I payed 2 years ago for $1200.

For the price, I feel like I cant afford to not buy one, but I was just wondering if there were any users out there and what their thoughts were?

Ill be using it for basic things (MS Office, Browsing, Accounting Software, Email, Etc)

Anything I should look out for or take into account?

Thanks

I might be getting one shortly…I wanted one for programming routers/switches…

I would goto the store and check them out see which one is the most comfortable to use…I know some people have had a hard time typing on certian brands…

Eee PC fucking rules. I have used several and am VERY impressed.

Im reading mixed reviews on those.

Great battery life from what I can see, but people are complaining they are made cheap and have the smallest keyboard of the limited netbooks out there. Im also seeing a few monitor issues.

Those people are probably stupid. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

oh wait

seriously though. If you are a afraid of a small keyboard, a netbook is not for you. the people I know with the Eee 1000ha LOVE it.

Well, that MSI one I posted the link to in post 1, has been the only one that I have used (which my fiend bought due to the larger screen and keyboard) and that size was just fine with me. In these reviews, people we mainly complaining about the Eee’s keyboard size compared to other netbooks…

Ive used it many times and not had any problems. Just saying.

Asus makes quality stuff.

I have always liked Asus products in the past too. Im just gonna have to take a few for test drives.

I bought a Dell Inspiron Mini 9 around Thanksgiving and am really satisfied with it. Quick boot up, nice screen, light.

Takes a bit to get used to the keyboard, but other than that, I like.
And the wife likes it too, and she’s picky.

Just as an update…

I just bought an MSI wind. 1.6ghz ATOM processor with the 160gb hd and picked up an extra gig of ram from newegg for 13 bucks shipped.

I also picked up a 6 cell battery for $50 shipped which will give me 6 hours with light use.

I love the little bugger! Im gonna overclock around 24% somewhere although I hear people running 2 gigs are having trouble doing so.

Not bad for under $400 all in all.

If anyone picks a netbook up in the future, post up here and keep me updated on your experiences and uses of it.