Network troubles

Hey guys, I’m having some trouble with my wirless network ethernet card, two computer already hooked up trying to add another, but the wireless card I bought is fuckin the computer up, my question is has anyone ever had a wireless card that wasnt compatible with their motherboard ? I’m pretty sure its withe the card cause you have to install the sofwear first and then put in the card, probloms dont happen till the card is in. your input would be greatly apperciated.

well its kind of hard to say unless u tell us what problems u are having

oh sorry, ok, will not shut down on its own, or restart, it just sits at the welcome screen for an hour, and the Icon that is supposed to be there for the card is not nor does the card assistant program work, and the software cannot be unisntaled, this is all fixed by taking the card out.

possibly a shitty chipset conflicting with the chipset on you mb

thats what i think, I dont know much about this stuff so I was kinda asking if that could happen.

It happens all the time. You may want to try another pci slot. If the same happens, you may want to consider a different manuf of 802.11 card.

Thanks, thats what I assumed but as far as the other Pc slot goes, what happend was there was another card in the computer, an old school non wirless, I fiqured the two where clashing and thats why, but I pulled the old one and put the wirless in its place and it still wouldnt work, by the way the old one had no software and was disabled.