New 02 WRX .. Need Help!

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=meandscubietj2.jpg
<P>
http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=meandenginerj2.jpg
<P>
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fullshotlo2.jpg

I have a few questions. I bought this car from someone that put a lot of time and money into this. The cool thing is, its already hooked up so i dont have to spend much on the car.

First question … Have you ever heard someone hooking up CO2 to their intake? I have a tank of carbon dioxide in my trunk and its hooked up to my intake. I have a push button to inject the CO2, and a dial to tell how much and how often. I thought CO2 kills O2 … so wouldnt that be taking a step backwards? I realized, its cold, compressed air, and its giving me a small boost, but why not O2?

Second Question … When my turbo kicks in … its a really nice pull, but it seems to lag or bog out around 5.5 or 6. Any ideas why this happens? I’m new to the turbo world, so i dont know much about them.

Third Question … I blow out a little black smoke. That gas? Someone told me it could be a map sensor.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tim

Wwell TIMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,IDONTKNOW

WHOLLY FUCKING POP UP SPAM SHIT FUCKHEAD. IT ALL BYPASSED THE SPAM SPYWARE SHIT !!!

Shananigans!!!:eek3:

hey welcome to the wrx world. are u sure the C02 isnt blowing onto the intercooler to cool it down? I have seen that done before but i dont know much about it going into the intake. im not to sure why it bogs down at higher rpms and i have no idea why its blowing black smoke but check out this site and post any questions there its made for subarus www.nasioc.com

Ya CO2 can go into the intake… cools the in coming air… SNS had it on his cav.

now with the car bogging thats strange at that RPM…

U might have a boost leak!!!

A little black smoke is normal. Any boosted car will do this and if it doesn’t its probably running lean and is going to blow up soon.

The CO2 is probably spraying on the intercooler as someone said above, it really doesn’t make sense to spray it anywhere else unless the kid you bought it off of is a real wanker.

And when the car is bogging down it might be a tuning issue? Any idea on ALL the mods done to the car? Such as turbo/injector size/tuning software etc? You might be hitting fuel cut or something like it

when do you blow out the black smoke? when getting on the throttle?
probably just gas like you guessed.

for the bogging, do you mean it slows down or what???
maybe jerkyness? spark plugs maybe?
is this at WOT or partial?

maybe the slight bog is due to the clutch slipping a bit. Maybe your peak torque hits around that RPM and could possibley cause the feeling of a loss of acceleration.

yeah as said before the smoke is from it running a bit rich, which is better than running lean and screwing up your engine. Both my Subies do that a bit when accelerating hard.

welocme to the Suby World.

i agree with petty the black smoke is due to running rich and the removal of cats in the exhaust.

anyway welcome to the suby community.

Ok, I adjusted my blow off valve and it helped out the turbo lag a little. Now i can go up to 7k without lag. But after that first good boost, it will lag around 6k then 5k the next shift. I did this, because another source told me it might have to do with the BOV prematurely releasing pressure?

Also, when do you need to spray the intercooler down. For some reason after i park the car and let it sit, i notice water coming down the intercooler. Is that uncommon?

You shouldnt lag at all after initial boost. Is the motor hesitating or is the power falling off (do you loose boost or does it stay the same through the rpms)?

When I read this, I didn’t look at all the pictures and I was gonna tell you to get that BOV the hell off the car. Subaru’s don’t like them too much. With the Front Mount, I’m not sure.

As for the water coming out of the intercooler, do you have a water misting system that turns on at certain RPMs?

What BOV is on the car now?

i cant believe Petty hasnt complimented you on your eyelids yet. he loves those things!

what computer are you using?

nice hood

Do you have a stock turbo? It seems like you do because how long it take you to hit full boost especially with a front mount. on mine i only have a turbo back and my boost starts to come in around 3.5k. do you have any engine management, if you dont i recommend you pick up an cobb access port. I was under the impression that co2 steals o2, so having\ co2 in your intake is a bad idea. but if it is on your intercooler it will help cool the core charge which is good. I had the same problem with that lagging you feel with mine. mine would pull until around 6k then it would feel like it would die till around 6.3k then kick back in. what i did to fix it is by an access port (aka engine management). www.nasioc.com people there should be able to answer questions too.

http://www.tunerschoice.com/product.aspx?dept_id=297&display_id=47&sc=WFROOG
looks like its not actually going into the engine, just makes a little bulb cold, which in turn cools air.

with everything done to that car, if you dont have engine management on there it will bounce the boost around like crazy.

Whoops…

EYELIDS FTW!!!