New 16 year old member chasing his dreams.

Hi I’m 16 as you can see by the title lol, my name is John, I’ve been into cars ever since I was little, I’ve studied about cars and currently taking auto body and auto service courses in my school. Me and my friends made a team called Oblivion which is a drift team x time attack team with 5 members in it. Sounds funny eh a 16 year old kid with his friends made a team and their going to drift and do time attack, b.s right? That’s probably what you guys are thinking right now, am I wrong or am I right? lol. Me and my friends created this team because we love cars obviously and we always had a thing for drifting and time attack. Me and my friends are very motivated, and dedicated to the team. We have set goals for ourselves and will reach our goal and dreams.

Anyways… LOL the reason why I made an acc on this site is because my god brother introduced me to this site and most importantly I am very into and interested in the Nissan 240sx hatchback. I have been trying to save up for one, but I only have 60 dollars left after paying for my g1 lol… would have had more than a thousand if I haven’t spent it on my ex, and I was stupid yadeyadayada lol. I have been trying to look for a job, but it seems like no one is hiring or I haven’t been looking hard enough.

Well this is my introduction hope you enjoyed reading this lol =)

In all honesty, this site is very much wrong for you, probably best to join zilvia.net, freshalloy.com, or nicoclub

SON240SX.org will deal you nothing but headaches and bad experiences, while the gains will be small…leaving a very bad taste in your mouth

thank you for the info and tips and well i met a cool friend from this site and he helped me alot too so i’ll be sticking around here too haha =)

Buy a car. dont be TOO worried about how nice it is. Buy some coilovers. refresh fluids. Adjust the handbrake. Get tons of 4 lug wheels(people sell em with tires for 100 or so, used tires are 30 each :wink: and goto a track day/drift day and have fun.

Do not spraypaint your car
Do not jdm sticker bomb your car
Do not drift on the street
Do not make a ass of yourself
Respect others while at the track
Dont make a racket while driving making us look bad.

Enjoy.

my friends and I*

^hehe

buy a car n have fun bud let er hang(on the track)…tickets are no fun n like sharpe said makes us look like fools…no vin diesel/paul walker shit

^^^you guys still getting hassled lol…I can only wonder why :stuck_out_tongue:

loud exhausts pose a cause for these cars… police are not to fond of them unfortunately.

this is a very and i mean very expensive life, if you plan on doing a 240 up from stock it could take you a life time, your better off saving up and buying one that is fully done in every way, and just maintain it well.

Well where’s the fun in that?

I believe McDonald’s/Timmies/No Frills,etc. will always be hiring especially since you’re 16, you should have all the time in the world to pick up extra shifts.

But, yes this is an extremely expensive hobby regardless of how “cheap” a lot of our mis-matched panels/rust boxes look lol.

this has got to be trolling right?

Maybe not. I know there’s a user on JDMR under the same username and is a kid and was talking about getting a 240. :S

yes it’s crazy, i did the mistake in buying a stock s14 and so for over 15k has gone in and still running just over stock whp, when with that money i could have a 450hp full blown track super car and street able as well.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

and if your wondering how could you spend 15 k and still not have a high hp, it’s because looks, suspention, brakes, wheels and tires a full s14 sr swap and other needed parts for the swap plus a few mild mods will get you to 15+k very fast and that’s with no turbo upgrade or ecu and stock motor, you need a budget of 25k if you want to build a stock car that will cost at least 4-5k for a nice clean one so start saving and once you got 30k you can have a nice 240, or be smart and pay 8-12 k and save yourself alot of money and these days trust me you can use that extra money!!!

You spent all $$ on your Ex… Uhmm that doesn’t sound good…

I spent close to 20K & counting and i owned my 240sx for 2 years coming July. This does not include the Car or insurance. Yes i made some stupid purchases, broke perfectly working parts and my car is still in rough shape. With the 20k i spent i could of went to states bought my self a pretty badass 240sx with some crazy ass engine swap(1jz,2jz v8 etc.) Make wise choice kid and dont buy beater as project unless you have shit load of money

i probably have more money tossed into 240’s in the last decade than i have equity in my house… AND I DO NOT REGRET IT!!!

Houses are slow and really tough to break loose, even in the snow. 240’s are so much better.

do you really think a 1jz would be better tho then an s14 sr? it may sound 100% better but what about what really matters

Lmfao bing, i’ve had 3 s chassis myself… So far i’ve never even driven a 240sx yet and its easy to loose track of how much cash you’ve spent on them, idealy buy one thats running and street worthy and have some fun driving the car befor you pull a 3+ year rebuild lol