All done!!

Well SON… here I go.

I am done with racing and putting cash into cars from now on. I was going to build a S13 with a RB20 for the track, but I have been decided not to bother. I have already gotten coilovers, 5-bolt conversion (rear only), Z32 front brakes and a racing seat already installed. All I have to do is finish the body work and paint it so it looks nice so I can sell it in the spring. I am looking to buy a newer car by the end of next summer or when my OSAP debt is down to $7500; whichever comes first. As many of you know I sold my Silvia to focus on flying more, but it is not working out as planned according to the timeline I have put in place. In April I will be finished college and will receive my diploma in marketing; I am currently working with a marketing company and college to save money for future plans. My next major focus is becoming a police officer, it is a career I have always had in my back pocket and thought about a lot but now it is something I can really see myself doing. I have already applied to Peel Region and lost 50+ pounds to get into proper physical condition. In the new year I will apply to Toronto Police Service and the OPP so I do not have all my eggs in one basket. In my years I have put a tons of cash into this hobby which I do not regret at all but I feel now being 24 years old turning 25 next month I should focus my cash elsewhere. I plan on owning a house in the next 5-6 years and a proper car as stated earlier; BWM, Porsche (used), Audi, Lexus, or an Infinite. Yes they are costly but I plan on earning more than enough and having 2:1 assets to liabilities ratio. I believe with keep up with my beloved hobby I will not be able to achieve my goals. If in the future I can afford to incorporate racing as part of my life again I will not hesitate to do so, I love it but I have to let go to move forward in my quest we all call life. I will still come out to support everybody’s efforts in motorsports; drifting, lapping and drag! Thanks for everyone’s support in my years with this board. I will continue to be on the forums giving advice and being me.

Good luck to everyone still racing and finding a way to keep it in their life as they move forward.

well, i’m sorry to hear that you’re getting out of it, but at the same time, i wish all the best of luck to you and your ambitions. i’ll be glad to know there’ll be at least one decent officer out there. GL.

Best of luck and some advice, don’t buy a Porsche.

I have a similar plan going that you do but keeping my car. A house will be mine within 5 years max and until than I plan on DD the Skyline. Once an serious issue arises with the skyline (turbo,engine, or tranny)I will park it and make it whatever I want.

Best of luck to whatever happens and we can all hope for a prosperous future!

Best of luck Jr.
I don’t have to say much only because you know I’m behind your decisions.
You’ll do well I’m sure of it.

yes congrats, a step many of us will be taking i assume, atleast i will be in the future. Get a porsche tho lol

GLWL

:picard:

^^ why no porsche??.. I found alot of good ones for 24Gs plus & up!(not the boxsters i hate them)…

as long as you still around it’s all good get an m3 and slap some coils and rims get a house and a dog and you’ll be ok

good luck jr

NITESCREAM, you made the right choice man…modding cars, not many people are smart enough to do so when they “can afford them”, and knowing how north america as a general society, doesnt know how to save their money shows how a lot of enthusiasts go paycheck by paycheck to reach their car’s ideal potential.

Your story is all too familiar with me, I know EXACTLY what youre going through with the career change and the priorities being put in place. I wish you the best of luck and hope that the future brings much success to you. you made the right choice, i know i did and i’ll never go back.

well Jr Good luck in your future endeavours,

if you dropped 50 its already very clear how determined and dedicated you are.

great to see.

see ya round

My only advice, and through word of mouth . but choose your friends wisely ; i knew of a guy that couldn’t get in the force because of those he associated himself with.

Best of luck man, i’m honestly glad your not pursuing anything as a pilot.
It’s a money pit , and to get big you need contacts and a university background , otherwise your pinching pennies doing tours , agricultural , or instructing .

Good luck in the future man.

Good luck dude, but I really think that after you own a “proper grown up car” for about a year or two, you’ll regret it and want to get a tuner car again. I know I do. IMO, car guys never “grow out of it”, this is in our blood, we can try and deny it, but every time we get a “normal” car, we hate it.

I will miss it so much, its like losing a dear friend. When I am stable in my career, family life, and finances I will come out again on a smaller scale. Maybe I’ll buy something RHD and do like one mod a year, who knows!?! Motorsports have brought us all together from different walks of life; races, beliefs, rich and poor. Its a beautiful thing! Sure we shit talk and fight but we all respect each other, its like a big disfunctional family!

I agree… I debated about buying a “normal car” and everyone at my shop says why don’t you just go out and buy a truck and shit. They don’t understand, even when I drive customer cars unless they’re Porsche, G35’s, 350z’s, etc, I hate it.

Best of luck Junior with your future endeavors. Hope all is a success, and I agree with the choice you’re making.

Good Luck man

gl, apply to the rmcp. You have to write a test, then do a physical test, then an interview, then training in skask.

A Porsche is a borderline exotic. You can afford the car but can you afford the maintenance. An engine swap on that thing costs a “0” more than for the Nissan. From what I read I would say it is not the vehicle you would like.

Best of luck though man I know I’m saving my pennies for an E46 M3 and a house :slight_smile:

drools i can only dream of one of those right now. but yeah, don’t do the porsche thing. i mean, a supra with some money in the engine will blow away anything!! didn’t you watch the first fast & furious? lol