New accord mpg – please look

I have a friend with a 06 Honda accord and she is only getting 18 mpg. She took it to the dealer and they said it was fine because first 7500 miles will have bad gas mile until motor was broken in.:bsflag:

The sticker said it should be getting 24 city 34 highway. Does any body have a new accord? What kind of mpg are you getting?

Thats true, I had one and until the motor broke in i didnt get my best gas mileage. Also could be she can’t keep her foot out of it.

a large majority of the bad mileage could be her driving style. Very few people actually get the advertised MPG, mostly because of HOW they drive.

I got an '06 TL (same motor/trans, I believe) & only get 19-20mpg around town, 29-30 on the highway. The wife drives it mostly. It has been that way since new & I don’t think it is unacceptable.

What kind of mileage is she expecting? It aint no Civic (in terms of fuel mileage).

TGS - Your gas mileage WILL improve with time. There are numerous customer complaints about gas mileage on new hondas. It WILL go away though, my sister experienced the same exact thing and she said BS to the dealer. 20K later she is getting over sticker listing for gas ratings.

my gas mileage on my si was a lot worse when it was brand new (not broken in) im talking mid to lower teens around the city but it is much better now

beat the living piss out of it…

then take it on a nice highway cruise, see what it gets :smiley:

what motor does it have?

The Fuel Economy Standards are saying 21/31 for a auto/4cyl Accord. Sticker should say 24/34, but the sticker’s aren’t correct anymore. They have revised the tests for 2008 (first time in like 50 years), and all cars are going at least 10-20%. The Prius is the big kick in the nuts. Pretty sure the sticker says 60 some MPG, the new standards have them down in the mid 40’s. Still good, but nowhere near as good as it should be.

Either the 3.5 v6 or a K24

THANKS guys for your help. The engine size is k24 - 2.4.

when i first got my bolt i was gettin around 24, 25 and now i’m around 30 mpg

anyone have 06 accord mpg?

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. My cars have never gotten the estimated MPG, I am always a couple short even if I drive like a granny. It should get better though the longer you have the car.

I found the window sticker in the glovebox of my 01 Jeep.

I gets the sticker mileage on the highway, and slightly better around town. It has 147k on it.

Sticker says 15/22, I get 18/22. Although I have been down to 15 in the winter.

Does it calculate mileage for her, or is she doing it herself?

my mom has a brand new accord and it gets excellent gas milage around 35mpg+. There have been some recalls on the car though which may effect the mpg take a look online.

Gibby, is your Jeep stock?

Driveline, wheels/tires, all bone stock.

I have the 4.0 straight 6, NV3550 5spd trans, 3.07 gears and stock 225 tires.

take it back to the dealer

working at a GM dealership i hear this all the time.look at the small print under that gas mileage rating.it will tell u the range u should expect.u literally have to drive like a grandma to obtain the city mileage. and to be competly honest theres nothing the dealership can do unless ur throwing a check engine light or if it throws a code.its all based on the driver if theres no defects in the vehicle.

thanks guys. she is doing mpg herself but i double checked and it is right.