**NEW BIKE**Bike fork help

The 636 I just picked up is fantastic, I may make a thread about it soon.However, I wanted to ask you bike guys a quick Q. It was lowsided at about 20mph and has minor scratches to the plastic and crankcase cover. Other than that the bike is perfect.

The only thing I am noticing is that when I am at speed and let off the handle bar it always seems to track just a cunt hair to the left. It is so minor and I am probably worrying too much but I want to be sure.

What’s my best plan of attack to make sure I am fine? Reputable shops? Possible causes?

I would say to check tire pressure and if it still does it, take it to a motorcycle shop and see if any are bent.

i would have it looked at by a shop. never had to have it done so hopefully someone else can chime in and recommend a good shop.

Any leaks from the fork seals? Check for oil on the forks and surrounding area. One might be bad. Not an expensive fix if that’s the case. If you do one, might as well do both since you’ll have them off. $150 for both if you pull them off and bring them to freewheelin. Consider the option of new springs as well. You won’t need them, but they are an awesome addition.

If it’s not that, then have a shop inspect the bike for straightness.

Recommended psi? pilot powers front and rear…

No leaks whatsoever. I called Kawi in Jamestown and it could very well just be twisted. Releasing the pressure and loosinening the bolts may just fix the problem. It could also potentially be the front tire since its pretty old.

Any other suggestions?

check tire pressure, check your chain, how old are the tires? how bad was his lowside?

Bad wheel bearing can cause it to slightly pull.

front tire old

rear tire new

chain tension is good… I don’t know much more beyond that.

Very minor low-side… scratches in plastic, no cracks… guy didn’t have frame sliders. 20mph ishhh…

check to see if the chain is tracking straight…?

Rear tire mis-aligned?

Best way to go about checking this?

put it on a rear stand, spin the tire, watch. if you need to put it on a rear stand lmk, I’ve got one. But it doesnt look like you’ve got spools so you’d have to stop and get some from like freewheeling or wherever.

Thats what I thought… thanks for the offer. I don’t have stand, so I may be in touch.

Check to make sure the forks stick through the triple clamp exactly the same amount. The front axle could be tweaked or loose too.

I would loosen the top and bottom triple bolts (supporting the bike obviously), and the axles and pinch bolts, loosen everything then re tighten it all.

If all else fails, lean a little to the right :slight_smile:

:tup:

I have a stand that doesn’t need spools if you need it.

Maybe we could meet up somewhere in the hamburg/op area this week sometime?

:tup:

If to use the stand, I would have to drive.

Well, whatever works best for you. I usually take my car to work and I am in the area 9-5…