New bumper for WRX? ...with PICS :(

[quote=“avs,post:20,topic:40209"”]

Damn only 250 for a brand new bumper cover. That’s cheap. 600 bucks for a bumper cover on the evo and 250 for the lip.

[/quote]

exactly why I thought 250 was a steal. :word:

jeller

[quote=“Jeller,post:21,topic:40209"”]

exactly why I thought 250 was a steal. :word:

jeller

[/quote]

Yeah that was just what I saw in one thread. I don’t know if the guy got hooked up or what the circumstances were. I was thinking a new cover would run a more.

Don’t get aftermarket crap. Just stick with OEM. It can take some beating.

$250 sounds like a great deal, jump on that if you can.

Ack. That sucks.

+1 on the OEM stuff, it’s just better engineered and constructed.

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:12,topic:40209"”]

Where is newman?

Didn’t he fuck up his bumper on the drift meets curb incident?

[/quote]

yeah, there was no bumper damage.

just fender and control arms.

jay - i wouldn’t replace that until after the winter FWIW… use that and let it get destroyed by the typical winter road salt sandblasting.

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:18,topic:40209"”]

You got it.

[/quote]

Thanks! This thread delivers!!!

From the pics it looks like you could wait till spring with it. This way the paint on your bumper won’t be all chipped up for the season.

X…

:repost:

Haha, yeah I am going to wait until spring I think.
I’ll just plow my driveway with the bumper for the time being with little concern for its well being.

It’s just annoying because I don’t even feel like washing the car since it will still look like crap. Oh well.

Oh and I am definitely going OEM…I thought I said that already.

i’d cut off the rest of the pieces though to clean it up a bit, or tape it up with that racing tape stuff… its really not that bad :stuck_out_tongue:

Why aren’t you using your insurance? Is the damage less than your deductible?

i’m not sure how much his rates would go up if he claimed it. but i couldnt imagine that costing much more then 600-800 dollars to repair. At that point, he might be better off saving his insurance rates and points and just shelling the cash out of pocket?

Right. The money out of pocket isn’t as big a concern as the insurance premiums. I have a 500 deductible and I don’t think the bumper will be much more than that.

Who knows where I should go to get it sprayed once I do have the bumper? Obviously, I don’t want it to look like shit.

If it were me, I’d get an estimate to have it fixed right. I wouldn’t expect my rates to change much from something like that, and I pay for full coverage so that I can have things fixed right when something like this happens.

I can see what you’re saying, in that you might be able to save a few bucks in the long run. I just don’t fundamentally like the idea of paying for something and not using it so that you don’t have to pay more for it. But if it is just the bumper skin then why file an insurance claim for the same out-of-pocket expense…

This is why you pay for insurance.
Your rates will not go up from this, it was not your fault. Believe me if anyone knows, I do. Claim it. Only way I would not claim it is if it can be fixed properly for less than your deductible.
Option 2: If you are just going to pay for it out of pocket, drive it like it is until the holiday season is over and deal with it when it is more financially convenient.