New car Ideas

Should be selling the wife’s car this week so we are looking for a car. We are going to try to have a kid within a year so we are looking for a 4 door (wow we are getting old). We want to sell both cars and get new cars for both of us. I figured since I will be getting one for less $$ I would get mine first and pay it off fast then I can sell my GTP and we can get her a car. I wanted to get some idea’s for the both of us. Here is a few things that I am looking for when I buy.

For me:

4 door
Price range $15-$17K
Mileage: Under 35K
Leather

I am considering a 04-06 CTS…I see them in the $16-17K price range with 25-35K miles. I think they look decent and they have a 255HP v-6. Gas mileage is average for a v-6. I figure with wheels these can look pretty good.

For Her:

4 door
Price range: Under $23K
Mileage: under 20K
Has to have good gas mileage
Leather

She likes the TSX a lot but they are close to our price limit and a lot are over our limit…they also take premium gas which we are trying to stay away from (all three of our current cars take premium). We looked at the Altima and I liked it but she just thought it was OK. She took a 09 Lancer for a ride and she liked the styling but it was slow, did not offer leather, and it seemed like a downgrade from her car now. We might look at a Volvo S40, they look decent but I have yet to sit in one.

So any ideas for the both of us?

I’m with her on the TSX. They’re nice but are more towards the upper end of the price range. You drive one yet?? My sister bought a TL and she loves it so i’m assuming the TSX would offer very similar results.

STi for you

You think I could find a low mileage STi in my price range? Also…not to sound pussy status but I am going for an auto…Parkway traffic everyday + manual = the lose.

http://www.greene-shipman.org/94ChevyImpalaSS150.jpg

Have not driven one yet…but it has veeeeteeech…so it should be good…haha. She like the TL’s but is looking for something a little better on gas. From what i seen and read the TSX seems like a really nice car. But to find a clean under 20K miles one for about $21-22K it is hard to do.

in her range yes, in your range, no.

a reg wrx is what i am looking for to be in that range. reg wrx’s come in auto

the volvo s40 is a nice car. not sure on price though. worked on one last year and was impressed with the car.

although the acura TL would be badass they are very nice cars too

She can get a S40 int eh $18K range with like 18K miles…seem to be a good deal.

Yes we both love the TL, but she is stuck on getting a car that gets good gas mileage (like 23/33 range).

http://www.getauto.com/autolinks_cardetail.html/adid-10825691/e_dealer_id-/inventory-/x_group_id-rf

bet you can get that one down into her range. we’ve had it forever

my friend just got a new one I drove it with 40 miles on the odo it moves decently, but you won’t even notice vtec and it only revs to 7k. its nothing special it isn’t bad either, but it has too many gadgets for my taste

Thanks…but she is very picky when it comes to mileage…she wants a car with under 20K miles.

Anyone know much about the new style Jetta’s? She seems to like them.

My wifes RSX gets around 33mpg on the highway and she loves that car. We have a Non-type s with the type S body/leather and all the other junk.

Also my friend Is a dealer for Three rivers VW. Let me know if you decide on a VW… It can’t hurt to say you know someone.

She does like them…but they are a 2 door. Is that the same motor that’s in the TSX?

OK, I saw they have a few low mileage Jetta’s.

Anyone know if there are problems with the new style Jettas?

G8 for you… fuck the price range :hsugh:

Haha…I wish…G8 GT would be nice

:hsugh:

new jettas are nice…

rsx has the k20 while the tsx has the k24.

what about a 99-03 acura tl (type s)? it will more likely have more miles on it than you want, but it’s also a honda and the motor will last forever.

others worth looking into:
00-04 subaru legacy
01-05 lexus is 300
03-06 lincoln ls
00-04 nissan maxima