New car purchase time.

Mine was a POS because of a few issues I had with it. That being said, it was an excellent daily driver for the 8 months & 20K that I drove it. Aside form the paint falling off of it & an irritating, anonymous horn blow going around a bend, it was a fun car.

My gripes about it? The trunk is useless, no dead pedal, no moonroof, stereo sucked ass, torque management, ****ty power seats (for rear seat access) and excessive tire wear.

The things I liked? Comfortable, ran pretty good, stopped well, handled well, LS1/Tremec is an awesome motor/trans combo, and I actually loved how it looked. I personally like the 18" wheels on the '05s as well as the SAP grilles. The interior is beautiful, too. One of the best GM interiors to date.

I would love to get another one, but don’t need a car payment anytime soon.

I read this after I posted. You are correct, I would never say they are crap. Still a better car than a turdstang or fbucket.

Torque management can be taken care of, And they added a Dead Pedal in the LS2 cars

I have excessive rear tire wear… lol

Yeah, I know. When I had mine, nobody was hacking the TQ mgmnt yet.

I dig the GTO’s … They took a long time to grow on me, but they did. Dylan on here has a badass GTO ls2 w/ the SAP appearance package … the nicest GTO I have ever seen personally. My expeirence with his was that it rode nice, handled good, stopped great, awesome power, and an overall fun car. The interior is badass as well

look into other options for cars to purchase???

Such as? For what he wants to do with the car, and the general price range I’d be really interested to see what you come up with as a better option than a C5…

-TJ

I have been looking at some other things, looked at a Mazdaspeed6, didn’t like it nearly as much. I don’t want to deal with imports for awhile. Although a LS1 swapped Torino looks like a fun project!

:hsugh:

Suggestions oh Mr. Auto then?

mazdaspeed 6’s are nice cars.

what about a legacy 2.5GT ?

for you???

http://alloveralbany.com/images/Erin_in_the_fagbug.jpg

f buckets for the win

stright rear axel…cheep parts and go fast for less…

decent trunk space rear seats fold down to hold more…

im with spangs ! cheap if you can find a clean one ! can be modded cheap haula lot of stuff too !!

weak Diffs FTL.the IRS was just slightly updated from the v6 model and deffinetly cant hold the power.Unless u drive like an old man the diff wont last long.cochran has put in there fair shair of diffs in these cars.