New Car Suggestions

my mom went from the “old van” to an accord. 71,000 miles in a year and a half and not a single problem. buy a honda.

I’ve offered to teach her standard but she doesn’t want to learn :shrug: My dad could probably get a good discount at Northtown from points saved up on servicing his Solara there. But right now I think the Passat is sittin in 3rd behind the other two.

[quote=“maxwell,post:21,topic:35520"”]

my mom went from the “old van” to an accord. 71,000 miles in a year and a half and not a single problem. buy a honda.

[/quote]

That’s my personal choice as of right now, love the new design!

Mazda 3/6’s are nice but you cant really go wrong with a camry, accord or civic.

ACCORD ACCORD ACCORD!

why not buy a malibu cheap with war?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-MIDSIZE-CHEVY-ONSTAR-SATELLITE-SUNROOF-SEDAN-POWER_W0QQitemZ160158863940QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6170QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
maybe thats one that took my 2 min to find

She hates the malibu styling, otherwise it’d be a good choice.

New 2008 Malibu? (Basiclly an Aura)

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/7/F/b/gm_08malibu_frt.jpg

You’re trading reliability for luxury to get a Passat at the same price range as the others. Have her drive both the Accord and the Camry and get whichever she likes better and can get a better deal on. Both are a pretty safe bet. If you’ve already got a history at a Toyota dealer then that could be handy should you ever need warranty work done.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:29,topic:35520"”]

If you’ve already got a history at a Toyota dealer then that could be handy should you ever need warranty work done.

[/quote]

I thought Toyota’s didn’t need repairs.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:29,topic:35520"”]

You’re trading reliability for luxury to get a Passat at the same price range as the others. Have her drive both the Accord and the Camry and get whichever she likes better and can get a better deal on. Both are a pretty safe bet. If you’ve already got a history at a Toyota dealer then that could be handy should you ever need warranty work done.

[/quote]

Good point, I don’t really see her goin for the Passat.

Alright, I know it’s a month later now and it’s down to the Camry or the Accord. My parents have been busy with a couple of house projects, so they haven’t had much time to do some price searching. Is there anyone on here that works for a Toyota or Honda dealership?? I’m just tryin to help my parents out with their pricing options (and maybe get a hookup :tup:). Thanks!!

accord

So you’re down to two vehicles with excellent reliability records rated highly in their class. Drive both, price both, pick the one she likes best. They are direct competitors so I doubt the price will be much different if both are similarly equipped. The two definitely have a different flavor and one should appeal to her more than the other once she drives them. I’d probably like the Accord more while my wife would probably prefer the Camry. I’d say the Accord felt more sporty, while she’d say the Camry rode smoother. We’re both saying the same thing but expressing it differently because of driving styles and preferences.

Very well put, and I think she’s still leaning toward the Accord. I didn’t know though if we had any Honda/Toyota sales reps here that could get them a deal.

[quote=“JayS,post:11,topic:35520"”]

Accord > Camry > *.VW

[/quote]

Accord for the win, My gram picked up a 07 V6 EX-L and she loves it. I pushed her to it when I was working at the dealership and she is now glad that I did.

talk to illusion20, its my cousin and he works for basil toyota. he’ll hook you up