new car

here is the story,one of my friends mom is going to buy her a new car for college, so they go test drive a colbalt, the get a total to see how much it is, comes to $17something thou. i thought wtf for 17k i could find a nice BWM or something better than a GM. well anyway, they want to buy GM due to the “discount” they get. i cant see spending 17k on that car. any ideas? i do have them looking at saturn and poniac seeing they are GM. they are car clueless and i know the sales people love them. ideas? id like to go with them and see what they tell them but cant due to school. thanks and sorry for horrible spelling

hehe…

well, let them buy a GM…they’re helping GM against Toyota…lol

buy a toyota or maybe even better yet

a honda civic

/thread

well they only want a GM due to the discount…

g6?

My family gets a GM discount…we only buy Toyotas :wink:

17k seems like kind of a rip off if it’s not an SS Cobalt. That’s the price before their discount right?

Cobalt’s a good idea but don’t spent $17k on a car that’ll be worth half that in 3 years.

For that much money, discount or not, they should go buy her a Corolla and not have to think twice about the car till she’s out of College.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:7,topic:28796"”]

17k seems like kind of a rip off if it’s not an SS Cobalt. That’s the price before their discount right?

Cobalt’s a good idea but don’t spent $17k on a car that’ll be worth half that in 3 years.

For that much money, discount or not, they should go buy her a Corolla and not have to think twice about the car till she’s out of College.

[/quote]

+1

[/quote]

:word:

my friend’s cobalt is crapping and it’s 3 years old… i mean somehow the key managed to come out of the ignition while it was running…

There are definitely better ways to spend $17K

But definitely have them look into a honda or a toyota.

three veedubs for under 17 grand

:lol: Hope…

my friend’s girlfriend just picked up an 07 cobalt for 12,500. 17k is a little redic.

If you get a good price or discount on a piece of shit you still wind up with a piece of shit. Hopeless reasoning.

i payed 14 for my 05cobaltnew. best dd i ever bought 60k on the odometer and the only problem was a wheel bearing.

[/quote]

ive been trying to beat this in theres heads,im going to have to go with them, 12,500 seems better for a colbalt than17k no its not a SS. the sales guy told her black interior only came in the SS. she just wants black cloth. i told her for 17k i could get her a colbalt, putt SS interior in it and a sunroof

SAAB! i always forget the one but make them buy the one that is a WRX. it is the bast gm they make right now :slight_smile:

Get her a Civic, it’s the best car for the fit, and for a “GM” family, that’s a real kick in the balls.

X…

bro, you can get a used 05-06 cobalt for 8-9 grand with under 10k miles on it.

I wouldn’t spend 17 on a new one.

My next dd is going to be a cobalt, a used one.

i own a 06 corolla and have no complaints here…great car and awesome on gas…i average 35-36 mpg

i looked at a cobalt and didnt like it.

Corolla FTW.

Cobalts look :bloated: and will be worth next to nothing when it’s time to sell it.