New clutch is in, and some pics of the old one.

You can see, and hear how bad it was slipping on this vids from NYI last time

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1390185#post1390185

hummm…
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3663/3583502833_66e15caff9_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2469/3584315042_a834c5a3b3_o.jpg

The disk was worn thin to about .250 . A bunch past Rams .280 min. The metal area’s between the pads on the disk were just starting to touch/rub. I got my use out if it. lol about 3 years and probably 500+ passes street and track.
Changed it out after the open house last weekend, mark helped me we had the trans out is a little over a hour, with hand tools. Had my flywheel turned and put another Ram 910/402 (powergrip HD) clutch in. I could have had it rebuilt but I just bought another one, there only $470 listed ay new era. New one feels really good, gona beat the shit out of this one too. Limiter is 7400 now.

God I wish I could get a nice clutch for $470

:fu:

:fu:

Oh and good job now get back to the track.

And I got a hookup for alot less, I looked into if this was gona be enough clutch just a sprung single disk you can DD. Alan Futral went 9.90s with a 346, and talking with tim tosto a bunch said he went a 9.70 with a 1.37 most low 1.4s and you can street drive it too. It was dead hooking tonight from 3500 fast dumps on the M&Hs, after I get the rollbar in I’ll get back to the track and see :slight_smile: Order a new carpet from speed inc today too. They found another source for a light one. There 18# for the full length 14# for the short (vert style to the top of the rear seat back) On the supplier box with no holes, long on the side, and solid under the console. So you can get them lighter still
You need to buy another one, its still cool. you don’t have to try to be all grown up.

:tup: I run the Ram HD also…so far so good. Everyone hates on it but I think it’s a great clutch, especially for the price.

I told you I plan to pick up something lsx powered this winter! Prob will not be an f-body though.

Did you put it iin the right way?

Did you pay your friend 500$?

Otherwise nice buy, enjoy beating the shit out of it!

Fbod clutch is so easy to put in. The car has 50 miles on it now, and we were doing 3200 and 3500 dumps last night, and riding it out through 4th, hahah. :tup:

lol

Heh… gotta pay to play. Good attitude to have. After replacing the pinion seal on mine last week a coworker asked if I was going to start taking it easy on it now. Fuck no.

I was looking into the HD clutch as well for my car(Lt1). My SPEC 4 after 3.5 years of service finally let go at the track last weekend with slicks and a 200 shot on the launch. I think my only option is to buy the Street Twin. This clutch looks so nice for the price, but I don’t know how it will handle the spray out of the hole @ 5k.

Like john said, it goes 9.70’s and high 1.3’s for some other guys, so depending on what you are at, it should hold. We never had it slip once, until it wore down to the metal.

The car made 626rwtq on a 200 shot which is what I leave the line with. I just don’t want the thing to slip the first pass out with spray. been there before.

Hey man, it is was me and I have the money with your set up i’d toss in a twin disc.

Beat me to it! lol

If anyone wants to drive it, unless your a retard I’ve let a bunch of people drive it around the parking lot to see how they like the stiffer pedal. Its the same PP the 402L (I think is the PN) as the ram powergrip But that disk is the 910 sinstor (???) iron side, But the milder 300 material on the flywheel side. I don’t think they drive any different, for the couple 100 HP ratings difference. But the 300 material is fine on a stock flywheel, were if you put a 910 HD disk on both sides. It will kill the stock flywheel way before the life of anything else wears out. So I’d just run better then HDX thats rated for 425whp with both sides the 300 organic material.

lowerthedynamite
The twin disk are alot different between brands. Some are really on/off switches so look into them. The ram TD is nice, brandon with a desently fast c5 make 550whp NA, and witch 2 stages 300+. I think this is his 3yr year now. The floater plates rattle on the Rams. The current TD had 3 steel floater plate stands offs and 3 very hard plastic. Like that Uterm maybe. I think there alot better on the noise clutch in. But I know the spec TD is alot more aggressive and grippy to drive. I think there solid. Carteck dosn’t sell clutches anymore, I’m not sold on the latest and greatest monster online hype.

no dual? :slight_smile: Probably better I heard they are problematic

What kind of cam and springs are u running to spin to 7400? That’s a lot of RPM for an LS1

street sweeper cam
And a set of patriot gold extreme springs on stock LS1 heads, rocker, valves