New CNC mill at the shop

Mike bought this a few weeks ago, haven’t had time to post anything about it yet, but I got took a video tonight of it in action. It already has been making some sweet G8 bezels, that really spruce up the plain looking center gauge display. There on the site for more info. Sold out the 1st batch quick, just got some more. They come in anodized black, and a clear anodize what matches the factory G8 trim. And can be custom engraved to anything you want. I’ll get some more pics of them later. I have some good idea on some nice alum LS1, and lightweight Fbody race type parts that will be tested on my car 1st.
But tonight it was making some doubler plates for a 4-link, off a 7second outlaw car. Mike wrote the program, on mastercam. There solid 4130 chromoly, to match the fabricated 9inch thats also all 1430. Nick will be TIG welding them after it get magnafluxed tomarrow. It’s a pretty bad ass housing. I’d like to get one :snky:

YouTube vide

I’ll try to get a welded in, finished pic.

What shop is this?

New Era Performance, in Rochester.

Thought so. Cool toy. Keep us updated with what you guys make with it. :slight_smile:

Ya, I’ll post some better pics later, and I can use the faster computer here. :slight_smile: There’s also a bigger side doubler plate that profiles around the the lower wheelie bar tabs, and that lower tube brace. That vid is just the uppers. Its gona be really nice when its done.

CNC machine for heads should be next :tup:

Need a 5-axis for that, the shop cnc is a 3-axis.

BTF rick has a HAAS 4 that I think he has some head programs on. Just can’t get the ssr, and needs some hand blending, I hear.

Very cool. Congrats guys!

pretty cool

Nice.

The 5th axis seems to cost more than the first 4 axes. lol.

So this housing was sent out the have the nickel plating removed. Then it was magnafluxed for any hidden cracks. Most of doubler plates were welded on, and some of the added braces.
Its looking very nice.

It’s nice to see someone is giving you the opportunity to do things the right way. Thumbs up. :slight_smile:

thanks Mike, not following you thou? You think this is for my car? Its not, I wish it was:eekdance:

Christ! you ain’ lyin bro! Another 35K to be exact unless your talking just 3+2 positioning.
Simultaneous 5 axis is big money (and the coolest shiit to watch run)

No need for that, I just want to make some custom stuff for certain builds, we will leave these axises to the guys that push CNC ported heads etc. I for sure do not want to get into that, rediculously saturated market.

nice work guys