New Drift Track?

hopefully someone can chime in if this option has been already explored. but anyway…

A friend and i were discussing drifting an oval track here in ontario. he mentioned kawartha so i looked it up on google maps and found it didnt really have an infield that could make a course other than the 4 corners of the oval. so i went looking for others.

and found this:

north of hamilton, 1/3 mile oval with kart track. seems wide enough to slide on (see 2nd vid) and could be run in either direction. clockwise would be best imo, iniating in off the bank then lots of 2nd gear transitions and switchbacks.

karting vid of infield

you see 2 pickups parked side by side on the kart track…seems wide enough

if we were to lay off the dirt drops and not eff up the lawn our first time there, maybe we would be welcome back. that is if they would even consider us in the first place.

what does everyone think?

+1 need someone such as bing, or one of the pro drivers or wayne to talk to them, all profesh like.

wont happen.

are you calling that now, or do you know for a fact? please elaborate.
what was the oval that you said you could organize last year? something about a crash though…

oh so many variations can be made!

but again wont happen.

maybe dmcc should have a chat with the track owners? they like oval tracks no? LOL

v8s + ovals… = drifting? nah = NASCAR!!!

Like 3 years ago a few of us had a day out there. It started great, ended with a bunch of go karting nerds angry at us.

They said they would never host a driving event again… but last year there was an auto-x event there?

we asked, i even spoke to the owner… go-karting makes money for them… drifting doesnt.

The owner/promoter is not a very open guy. Its one of the few tracks in Ontario I haven’t run my mini stock race car at.

We’ve had drifting there, it’s done now.
Things happend.

grammar police

Weeee woooo weee wooooo weeee wooooo bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wha happened

They like ovals because ovals are fast. fast entry leading into technical infield section is usually the recipe for good competition

^yah but… BAH!!
lol

more street style courses like old DMCC toronto… those are cool.

yea I really wish we had some more tracks, other then just shannonville. Its bad enough then unlike most of the west coast we only get 6 to 8 months of seat time. We should atleast have some variety to test our skills and limits on different tracks.

That’s a bummer to hear. This place looked interesting. Is Mosport DDT an option? As for Cayuga, seeing as they only allow drifting at cscs events, cscs needs to organize a practice day at tmp under their corporate banner.

This has opened my eyes to how good we have it at Shannonville, in the sense that you can go out and do multiple laps drifting. I have been researching driftthing practice events in qc at St.eustache and circuit Icar. These events are run like qualifying for a competition, where one car is sent at a time to do thee drift then return to the staging area. And both those layouts only have 2-3 turns. Nelson has 7. Still might do a road trip out to one of those next season just for something different.

yeah couple buddies work up at flamborough and no chance in hell they’d let drift go down there. owner isn’t very reasonable. Likes his little kiddies on go karts lol

well shannonville does have fabi

its alot faster and more fun… but everyone is girls and dont like it… MAN UP

also to most of you… dont complain about drifting if you yourself doesn’t even attempt to make it to the track

^^^ hollaa

Last I heard, Mosport got bought out by some new rich peepz, heard major renovations are happening ASAP…

True or False?