Sad day for drifters

Both TMP and Dunnville will no longer permit drifting on their tracks. We are calling on the collective voice of drifters and fans of drifting.
Please write the tracks and members of parliment.

Keep it peacefull and keep it civil as there are plans to drive to both Cayga and Dunnville for peacefull protest in the coming weeks.

The MP for this area is Diane Finley
http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC&PostalCode=N0A1E0
Both tracks are within her constituency.

The MP for Transport Canada is Lawrence Cannon
http://webinfo.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/ProfileMP.aspx?Key=78345&Language=E

To find your MP go here
http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Email for Dunnville
SteveS@DunnvilleAutodrome.com
(community relations)
(http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com/contact.htm)

Email for Toronto Motorsports Park
neale@speed7racing.com
(director of track operations)
(http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/raceway/contact_us.html)

There are meetings planned as events have already been paid for, we will keep you posted. For now, please contact those above. I have already and will post up the replies. Right now I am just starting out asking why there is no more drifting, then I will proceed from there before I contact the MP. Please keep emails tastefull. Do not go off the handle on them, if we act like cowboys we won’t get very far.

Also, there is one Drift Ops/DMCC event in August at Downsview, this is where we could really use our voice. Please plan to attend this event.

It’s a sad day

ok lets start a petition people then take it with us to Downsview in august…get the guys from son as well let get about 3000 signitures here. come on start it :C :C :C what is this bullshit even on the tracks??? thats when people are going to start taking it to the streets and then what the’re going to give us tickets…!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :{ :{

1.Speedgod

Just wondering if it was a choice of the Track or the Government? If it’s a choice of the track then the Government can’t do much to force them to reinstate it. Even if the Government does, it’s a violation of their rights make them do something or accommodate something that they don’t want to on their private property.

FYI, Signatures don’t do squat. Sure, I can stand on a street corner and get any random person to sign a piece of paper. What matters most is when a person takes the time out of his life to write an essay (email). That’s what shows you are genuinely sincere about the matter.

Patrick Ruddy, even though you said not to go off like cowboys here, it’s pretty obvious that a lot of people will. When slang terms, improperly spelt words and improper grammar rule the most common post on this board, it beams a shinning light on the truth that most people are just not capable of completing a well composed email, that is not offensive as a whole, and is not directly demanding of their desires in an offensive way. I’m not sure if you’re willing, but it would be best to get one person to gather everyone’s statements, and have that one person generate an open dialogue with the tracks and MPs.

P.S. Based on the last video I saw here, it seems that whether or not there is a track available that allows it, a lot of people on TNC (and a lot of other boards) have already taken it to the streets.

dude why are you always negative…shit dude you really need to relax…and we’re only going to get the signitures of the people on son and TNC and every person that wants to drift and i just started working on my car to get ready to drift dude and that kida makes me mad that they’re comming up with rules so we can drift on the track. and if you really care about the slang terms and the improper spelt of words and improper grammar rules…maybe you should go teach english at high school or something

adds another reason to leave Ontario to the list
…Yep, I think it’s almost time.

Body there isn’t alot people like you who get technical with everything and always leaving negative comments on people’s posts. FYI I am already living in the real world my friend, and i am in the business world, i write memos and letters all the time, but it doesn’t mean that i have to be grammatically correct when i write on this forum if you don’t get it then just leave it. also i have never been disrespectful to anyone here, or on any other forum, everyone knows me and i think that they can judge me by them selves they don’t need your help or openion in what you think im my mistakes, we all make mistakes and we lean from them. who cares if anyone has a few grammer mistakes on a forum or not in the first place, we’re here to have fun and learn some stuff about cars. if you think you’re so swift and a know it all then please enlighten us with you knowledge Boss, or fire me from TNC, maybe i’ll go back to school and get and some education so i can put sentences in the proper format for you so can understand and to please your majesty.

peace out dude not wasting any more time arguing with you over a stupid grammer mistake that i made, too childish man. you need to grow up man you’re too cocky and childish for you age.

Never been negative to anyone??? You’re being negative to me, aren’t you?
I would send you a PM but you have it blocked. Guess you’ve just given up on the conversation considering I didn’t say it was wrong to be gramatically incorrect on the forums. I am who I am and I really don’t care who you are so do you care so much who I am?

Back to topic please

dude, patrick is farrr from childish there is always two faces to every person, i dont see him coming off as childish or cocky.

If you met him your mind would be changed in a big hurry, andd as for the track stuff.

I Rarely if ever go to the tracks as they cost way to much money and are way to far away if heaven forbid something were to happen to the car. I dont blame anyone for wanting to get drifters off there tracks. the amount it costs for the upkeep of a track just to satisfy a very small amount of people who visit the track isnt worth it. ashpalt gets chewed up when you spin your tires on it, and how do you think a hole day of that is on the track, Not very good for the surface at all, so im guessing from teh amount it cost to keep the track good enough to run on for the other 95% of people to run on it, its not worth it to keep the drifters in the circle.
imo

i have no hard feelings for any body i am sure he’s a nice guy and it’s a friendly argument not more that it’s not a big deal.:R

your both firends of mine

but if both of you dont stop ima start handing out bans

ouch this sucks… a reason to why they won’t use their tracks for drifting would be helpful

Wow… glad to see some dialogue here. Sorry, I was away for the weekend, this is the first chance I’ve got.

Still waiting to hear back from the tracks as to why they won’t allow it.

I realize that contacting the MP’s won’t help in getting the track to allow drifting again and maybe contacting the Mayor would be better. But for getting a permanent track in Toronto would be something an MP can help with. There is no private source that will fund a track.

Another reason I suggest contacting an MP is that all this new legislation has been drawn up and implemented yet no alternative is provided and now resources are being taken away. There are also zone restrictions as to where a track can go, MP’s would also be able to help with this.

I can write up a general letters and post them, then everyone sends it to their MP to get a track somewhere close to Toronto… if people are interested in this. Also, sending a letter to your MP is postage free, you just drop it in the box.

Some good news! CSCS released this:

Drivers,

There has been a lot of speculation that there is no more drifting at either track. These rules will not effect the two Qualifying days and the two CSCS competitions. These four events will be going on as planned, however I cannot speak regarding other drifting events at these tracks.

I can’t even believe that. Does anyone know if it was the government or the tracks themselves? I think this is hugeeeee bulls*** I mean lets be serious, you guys are 100% right when you talk about how people are going to take it to the streets if you can’t drift on a track or on the street… then where? Drifting is a form of racing and lets be honest you want it off the streets then have tracks strictly for drifting. Do you guys really think the government would be this stupid to remove drifting from tracks? I don’t know seems kinda fishy for the government to do something sooo incredibly stupid.

It wasn’t the govt. that pulled drifting from the tracks, the citizens complained about the noise, but contacting the govt. could aid in having a track built. As futile as it may be, it’s still good to put it across their desk.

we need a drift land built in the GTA like the ones they have in austrailia and japan.

::

Come out to Drift Ops at Downsview, bring your friends, bring as many people as you can…
I’m sure there will be a petition or two there to get a track in TO.

Agreed I am pretty sure if they built a track strictly for drifting that would honestly be a great solution. Then everyone is happy, gov’t because it will help take drifting off the streets. hahaha and if they really wanted to they could keep it open in the winter time for snow drifting or even rallying. A drift track would be awesome. That would possibly mean more drift events, open track drifting and I am sure if they really wanted to they could have drift lessons and what not. You could honestly make a business out of it. Especially since in reality drifting is becoming even more popular by the day.

For a drift only track to actually be built, there would need to be huge amounts of support to convince the gov that it would be worth their money. like i remember when i was a kid it took years and almost every skateboarder in the city to sign a petition and get just a tiny skatepark built. municipal and provincal gov are brutal to get anything out of them.

not saying it cant be done though. i will help in any way i can:R