New dyno numbers for the Cobalt SS project

Spent the day on the dyno yesterday tuning in the #60 injectors and some final fine tuning , I am running the New Era Performance 2.8 pulley package with the addition of a CTI header and additional heat exchanger . After all was said and done , I ended up at 271 whp and 245 wtq tuned very metaculously and a safe progressive timing map . Coming up next is the n2o , I will let you know the results after we do it . The car trapped 106.6 last year making 258 whp and 227 wtq , I really think it will trap all of 109 now after a few runs against someone’s STI today ! Just need to establish traction a bit now . You can see the dyno graph at www.neweraperformanceparts.com in the cobalt project page .
Mike

impressive :tup:

That thing must feel great making that power on a supercharger. Very linear.

Shit man, just gut the thing honda stylez and make some traction bars or get some drag radials.

get some slicks for the track or DR’s

Yeah , after the n2o traction is next .

cool cool…

nice. any internal work done?

Nice. Lot of potential for those cars. GM’s Ecotec program is pretty wild, they’ve been running a lot of drag testing and Bonnie runs. Very sleeperish.

very nice :tup:

Nothing internal, stock just colder plugs. And bolt-ons, with tunning. Still have to add the mod list on the cobalt section. Car is just getting broken in, with about 3K miles. But has over 80 dyno pulls. lol
of its best pull, Pic I tookand the best a sg2 GM car (3.0 pulley) on our dyno. Were making sure the car is simi heat soaked for the pulls. 100+ fuild temp. Because a dyno pull is only 1 short pull, and not the same as 10-130 seen off the dyno. So no +timming with full cooled IC. 15 pulls that afternoon, lol. We added a IC fuild temp, like I run on my gp, and log alot of other temp data. The car is ready for a pulley drop. Intake charge temps safe end off run to 110mph. And no KR

Car has the stock heat exchanger in stock location. With a stock 03-04 cobra HE plumbed after. Easy to get used for cheap. Adds a slight about of coolant, but more for getting the IC coolant closer to ambient. (better then the stock setup) important for working the system more with the smaller pulleys. And helps for faster cool downs between pulls. The car get a LOT of pulls, testing many parts. Its not practical to wait for the poor airflow of the dyno fans for heatsoak. That you get on the street, with 40+mph winds.

edit: I said earlier the 243 pull was a 2.8 pulley GM sg2 mods. But it was with a 3.0 pulley.

Wow, looks like really good power. I can’t wait to see what else you guys can do with the car! Should put down nice times at the track.

Those are pretty strong #'s for that car. Should be fairly quick considering they weigh, what 2800lbs? I need to put my pig on a diet.

I don’t know really, but I’d like to get that number. I dont think its 2800, my guess is 3100 with driver
The battery is in the trunk, I want to move it to under the passenger headlight. The car also has the added HE with about 2 qts more coolent. I’d like at added a larger resivor, just so the system bleeds better. The stock sucks. But thats about it, I dont see this car getting lighter. Its driven everyday all winter, has a baby seat in the back ect.
Going to get a set of DRs, and some better suspension for getting it to 60. I’ll probably just fill the stock mounts, I think I can turn the insert in the trans mount (Wbody style). I have to look at it more. Possibly a control arm brace, but nothing like the getto “kit” being sold currently. Its junk, and going to damage some $$ parts on the car. We don’t want to be getting wheel hop, and what to keep the stock axles.

what were your ets? You gotta decent trap, but are you gettin any of it to the ground???

I just did a clutch in a cobalt SS this weekend and will finish buttoning it up tomorrow. I decided that filling the motor mounts with window weld was a very wise idea. I’ll let you know of the turn out in reguards to wheel hop reduction. Oh, and dayum this car is designed to be mechanic friendly. Score one for gm. (cough sabb everything cough) :wink:

word…thank god for no winters on my car…thumbs up to andy+ his partner in crime on my clutch, rick. I have pics of it I plan on uploading sometime…

anyway, how do you think this car will handle the nitrous? From what I’ve seen, these motors don’t really handle upwards of 300+whp without some piston replacing…either that or they are tuned extremely crappy:gotme:

good numbers mang!

Seems like a lot of guys like the INtense stuff, so I’d guess that the extremely crappy tune idea might be true…

We’ll see about what happens over 300 whp , hopefully nothing breaks , as always tuning is key .

ugggg. Its sucks so bad, you LSJ guys dont even know. And I just look like a hater, if I say what I want to. I know some GTP guys have tried to warn you about intense racing. Your commity is 99% online, but it’s good I’m starting to see less of the forum cover ups happing. Thats all you guys get your info from, and it tainted with dirty$$$

Update
new tires:pimp:

Wet kit is on :tspry: