new ford taurus sho...$45,905

shit man I saw a Silver 2010 V6 'vert the other day on Rt. 7 and thought it looked pretty sick.

I love what they did with the taillights/rear end.

The front headlights on the show look like there from an Acura TL.

Da fuck… I’d honestly but a new stang cobra for that price or have one wicked turbo camaro like jammers for dat price…:ahh:crazy

You mean a nice expensive garage queen?? :lol

I think '05-'09 looks good but dont like the '10.

easy big guy! :eek

I’d rather have an Infiniti M45x for that much money (you can get a certified used one for 35k loaded to the brim). At least then I get a bunch of creature comforts and a Nissan engine which is one of the best on the planet (starting with their VQ V6).

m45/m35>ford anything, all…day…long! any day of the week!

im pretty sure if the nissan engine was one of the best on the planet they would be swaping that into every other car instead of the LSx motors.

every car you can think of, the LSx has gone into, including a mini cooper and 350z.

Infiniti > Ford/Chevy.

The VQ has been a top 10 engine for like 14 years (1995-2008). LSx (1 in this case) was only from 1998-1999. (Link)

It’s not made to run 700hp or whatever people who do swaps want to push their motors to. That’s probably why they use LS’s. But for an engine in stock form, it doesn’t get any better than a Nissan engine.

EDIT: I have seen 4th gen Maximas (my gen) running 11’s and 12’s on a VQ block and being NA (swapped VQ30DE for a VQ35DE (02+ motor) or VQ30DE for a VQ30DEK (2000-2001 motor). I’ve seen cars in the 450-500 range on a VQ block (stock I’m 190). The weak part in Nissans is the trannys. Hell, I drove a SC’ed Maxima with a 3.5 swapped in an the auto swapped out for a 5spd and that thing dyno’ed at like 390 or something ridiculous. I was like a kid in the candy store (took the car to the parts store to buy hoses while the owner was working on my car).

Video:

+eleventybillion:number1

no. just no… :wierd :Idiots

You’re biased.

I give credit where credit is due. I drove in a Z06 Corvette and loved the experience. The Ford Edge (that midsize crossover) is one attractive vehicle. American trucks are great. Everything else? Is a big POS.

Infiniti, Acura, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, etc. are on a whole different level compared to Lincoln, Ford, Chevy, etc. Don’t even argue it. No one needs your biased fan boy point of view. I’m not biased, I’m just calling it as I see it. European and Japanese CARS are way above American cars when it comes to comfort and quality. Would you rather have 360hp and a plastic POS or a 340hp and a car as luxurious as they get at the same time? I’d pick the latter.

Spend 45k on a POS Ford that has 350hp or spend 35k on a slightly used M45x that has 340hp and that retails for 65k brand new but due the economy is cheap right now and has more features than you can shake a stick at (intelligent cruise control, brake assist, speakers behind your ears on the seats, cooled seats, etc. etc.).

No brainer for me.

sho runs a quarter in 14.2 and weighs in at 4400lbs.

For comparison, the M runs it in 14.5 at 100 and weighs 3990.

Damn, the SHO is one heavy car. 500 lbs more and it looks smaller?

You’re retarded, I don’t even like Nissan and that is a blatant fact.

Look at which manufacturers have gone through more hardships.

Why? Because their cars suck. And so do the people that run the companies.

+eleventybillion and two:number1:number1

Cool concept, won’t work too well in practice because unfortunately it lies in a very competitive market without any serious advantages.

It’s comparable to a Bmw 335xi, which is also AWD, Turbo, 4dr, but has a badge that can actually justify going into debt for.

They should have done away with the Taurus entirely, it carries too much of a stigma for being a grandma’s beater car.