taurus SHO vs. hyundai genesis V8 vs. pontiac G8

first two are both $37k and similar power. G8 is a little cheaper, but same market segment

let’s say you won a contest where you get use of the car for 3 years, you pay everything other than the car payments. obviously you can’t sell it or mod it etc…

I really just based my decision off the reviews I think i remember of the hyundai genesis.

G8GXP

$1000 more than the genisis and SHO,

But alot faster…

Alot more manly…

Ls3…

I’d pick the hyundai. but IDK why.

I think all 3 suck.

G8 GXP. No contest.

It depends on your goals…

ive driven the genesis (v6 model) and it was amazing, drove like a 7 series… i really wanted to hate it… but it was really nice…

Drove a g8 and HATED the interior… WAY too pontiac for me…

the Taurus is an unknow… but i do know the SHO is 37k… and at that price id rather buy a used e60 m5

the GXP is specifically not an option.

it’s kind of tough to compare a G8 GT to these 2 when they’re routinely going out the door well below 30k. The GXP is the comparable vehicle.

but it goes way over the power/options/market segment of the others. This also keeps all of them automatics and very comparable…

I am also curious to see if people take the pontiac despite being a lot cheaper.

Agreed all 3 arent really my bag, but the hyundai is would be the only one i would remotely think of driving.

but again, in this context you’re getting a free lease on a “winter car”/“daily” even if it’s not your first choice.

this is an amazingly close race so far.

Agreed, so it would be the genesis, Ive driven the V6 model briefly and like viper says its 7 series smooth, fit and finish isn’t bad either. G8 is way to typical GM feels very cheap and unrefined. Ford…I can only guess.

Those of you who say the G8 is typical pontiac/typical GM, have you ever actually driven one? It’s the farthest thing from it, both geographically and from an automotive standpoint.

does the g8 have an LS1 and a 6-speed in it?

ls2, auto.

they are all auto? Eww.

Genesis then

The G8 Isnt that bad, actually not at all, but its really does lack the fit and finish compared to quite a few other cars, plus its not all that refined, but on that note it is MUCH cheaper than many of the cars it competes against, so if its value your after then that’d be the one, but this is speaking hypothetically, “if you won”

GXP, which is not an option, is 6spd (I think)

and value has nothing to do with this since you don’t get to keep it or pay less for it. they only reason to pick it would be if you prefer to drive it over the other two.

Right, With the hyundai in the ring, I wouldn’t.

Leaning towards the Genesis, but considering the Ford isn’t out and my love of Turbo AWD cars it’s an unknown.