'08 G37 coupe type-S or '10 genesis coupe GT package

So I’m in the market for a new car and I’m kinda torn between 2 cars I have found a 08 g37 coupe for 48k with 23k on it 6spd every option available from a local Nissan dealer or I can get a '10 genesis fully loaded v6 gt package for 44k what would you guys do I’m torn between them I love the G but that genesis is sick and has some balls but its a hyundai still! I don’t know what to do

g37

+1

i kinda like the genesis the 2.0 suuuucks hard i drive them all day. the 3.8 drives like a g35 though and it kinda looks better and im not sure but isnt it cheaper?

Go with the Genesis. Cheaper parts and labour. The whole “its still a Hyundai” no longer applies to cars 2004+. I just test drove a 3.8 GT Limited today and I loved it.

What ever you decide I’m sure you’ll love either. Happy hunting!

I would go with the hyundai. its a new patform and its going to have al ot of tuner and part support coming in the near future. plus its newer :stuck_out_tongue:

g37 soley based on its resale value , unofortunately hyundais still do not retain any sort of resale value and will not …ever unless they somehow can justify raising thier intitial sale price

If you have 48k plus all applicable taxes and fees, get the G37. The only reason to get the Genesis, is if you get the 2.0T and you’re saving some money.
If you don’t have aforementioned cash, get whatever 3rd vehicle you have the cash to purchase. If I rewind through my entire life, and think of the best pieces of advice I could give someone, the top spot will always, ALWAYS be “Don’t borrow money. Especially not to buy something like a car.”
You can do some pretty stupid shit with your own cash too, but it doesn’t even compare to the level of stupidity you can achieve with borrowed money.

^^ +1

Very good advice.

g37.

the comments above about “its a hyundai” still do apply. Its crap…

44K on a Hyundai?
44K on a fsucking HYUNDAI?

I"d sooner buy a Lan Evo 8 or a Lan Evo MR 9 from the States. I’d sooner buy a mint 04 Sti and save a wack load of cash. I"d sooner buy any Sti and even that uglier Lan Evo 10 and rape myself for it, and get it for cheaper than that Hyundai. I’d sooner buy an RX8 than that Hyundai, a mint RX7, or an R33 GTR. I"d sooner buy the lprevious generation of BMW M3, a 335i, or a Supra. I"d sooner buy an older 911 for 44K than that Hyundai. At 44K, there are so many more baller rides than a Hyundai. Get an M3 and call it a day.

arent those genesis’ heavy as fuck?

about 3500lb i believe, similar to 350z

Feint, that’s some weak ass ignorant shit man. If we had a rep/respect system, I’d dock you for everything I could.

The Genny may not be in the same league as the G37/370Z, but it’s also not in the same price range either (especially if you stick to the much more affordable and mod friendly 2.0T).
Seriously though, it is the BEST thing to happen to enthusiasts in modern times. Where’s Honda, Nissan or Toyota with their cars? Where the FUCK were the Japanese when people were asking for an affordable tuner car? I’ll tell you where they were, MAKING PROFIT, not giving a shit about tuners, cause most of us are too broke to be important to them.
You’ve got a RWD, turbocharged, BBK and real LSD equipped car for under 25k, and you have the gall to complain about the maker?

There was this same BS about the Z06 and the GTR when it came out (ZOMFG Expensive Chevy!! ZOMFG Expensive Nissan!), but in reality both those cars mop the floor with far more expensive machines from more reputable automakers.

I just can’t stand the weaksauce arrogant ass attitude that exists, especially coming from people who’s cars are old enough to be legal if they were a girl.
I could give a fuck less about the rest of their product line, you can say what you want about Accents, Elantras, whatever the fuck, but the Genesis Sedan and Coupe are SICK. Period.

^ I completely agree with you Solarian.

My mom bought a 4.6 tech package sedan last year and it has to one of the best cars I’ve driven, and I’ve driven many other higher end vehicles.

Not a single issue or change in the way the car runs, sounds, performs. On top of all the quality they now have, a killer warranty was offered at no extra charge.

Show me where you can get a NEW vehicle with the same quality, features, price, and the equivalent warranty?

I am not talking about a Genesis for under 25K, don’t straw man things here. I am talking about a Genesis for 44K! Nearly double the price you used in your straw man. Can you honestly tell me a Hyundai Genesis can compete with the Lan Evo and Sti in that price range? That is entry Porsche, sportier BMW, and Evo, Z, and STi territory. Do you think the Genesis can hang with the big dogs at that price? I don’t, ! It’s not a big enough dog to run in that pack, and I wouldn’t dare spend 44K on a Genesis when I could have a superior car for 44K.

A Genesis at 26K is a completely different story and was never up for discussion.

get a 370z

dont spend 44k on a hyundai. Get the 2.0 track package and wait for the Hyundai performance upgrades to come out.

Go look at G35 coupes on autotrader. As much as I love them, like any used car the resale value ain’t so shit hot either. ( i say G35 because G37’s aren’t outta lease yet as a mass)

When It comes to high end cars, they get hit hard by depreciation because the people that can afford em, buy new. look at used 7 series, etc. for an example. So don’t let hyundai resale value bug you, because when you would be ready to sell, the enthusiast market would be there waiting. Much like how our 15+ year old shitboxes still sell for far more money than other 15 year old shitboxes.

borrowing money is definatley not the way to go. like solarian said (wish I had listened)
and it is a hyundai.
Fact: hyundai drivers are all terrible.
Fact: 80% of millionaires buy used vehicles.

buy the g37 and be a baller.

They see me rollin, They hatin.

I also suggest not taking a loan on out either vehicle depending on your age. Also depending on your age take into consideration that insurance will rape you on either vehicle.

No questions I would pick the G37 between the two but take everything else into consideration and ensure that these vehicles are both supportable by your lifestyle.

I feel so old lol.