'08 G37 coupe type-S or '10 genesis coupe GT package

Car is going to be paid for in cash just weighing out my options and wanted some opinions not a bunch of drama! I love the genesis coupe and so does the gf but that G37 was love at first site I have a 50k budget

I wouldn’t go with the 2.0t simply because as the sales and service managers both told me there is a fine line where you can void warranty on everything I was told if I mod the exhaust you void all the turbo side of the engine and if you mod the computer you void the complete powertrain warranty thus the reason I opted for the V6 model 300HP is enough for me right now and there will be tons of aftermarket support for the v6 when the time comes

too many persians running g’s and z’s nowadays, theyve ruined it for me :(…not that i could afford one at the present time, or near future.

BUT…the genesis has really grown on me and id take it over a g, which ive never really been a fan of the styling, especially in comparison to the z.

dude g37 no contest!

… You can’t be serious.

^ Yeah, Rhys Millen is the worst of the worst.

Such a narrow minded, ignorant post. (not Wongger)

I’m done with this crap.

It’s YOUR money and YOUR personal choice. So make YOUR decision.

mythbusters proved it

^^ haha, never knew that. I dont see to many bad drivers in Hyundai’s though. I think the worst is probably taxi’s, and buicks

G37 all the way. genises is gutless and has a shitty tranny.

$48000 is a bit much for an 08 g37 isnt it but I would still get it over the genesis, g37 exhaust alone makes u want to slap yo momma

thats why i drive a kouki
wait a minute

fml

For $29,500 you can have a Hyundai with a 3.8-liter V6 and the Track package, which adds a stiffer suspension, a Torsen limited-slip differential, Brembo brakes and 19-inch wheels. A six-speed manual transmission is standard equipment. Complete with its floor mats, iPod connector and destination fee, it costs $30,375. This number, by the way, is $6,625 less than the base price of the Infiniti G37.

I don’t know about the Hyundai Genesis but I’ve heard good things. However i can vouch for the G37S to be an incredible car. I’ve driven it many times and always enjoy it. 19" wheels, Brembo brakes, 330hp vvel, and a wicked wicked unbeatable tranny! plus all the interior options

it might just be “still a hyundai” but its the only one worth driving. id go for the g though.

do genesis, than SR it.
looks x10 sexier. and with SR… it would be nissan’s win power + gorgeous looks.

why not just go test drive them…

one lap around the dealership area you should be able to tell if your gonna want this car or not…

but my personal opinion… i would rather save some money and go with g35.

just because i would probably be putting coilovers, exhaust, few suspension goodies, and standalone aventually… so buying somthing with warrenty and paying extras for that fact dont really works for me.

but… i would go for g37… if i decided to go with salvage title. since warrnety on salvage vehilcles dont apply, and its cheap :smiley:

about them hyundai genesis? i would give it a few time lines… for the aftermarket support to grow on it…

Hmm, in a cash purchase, just get the G37 if you really can’t think of a better use for your money. Regardless of brand, I think that buying new is just plain silly, and throwing money away. But as someone said, 48k sounds pretty damn steep for an 08 G37, that’s very close to what they go for new. I paid 35k for mine in the exact same situation (only 2 years old, exact same mileage)

yeah at $44k i wouldnt touch a Hyundai…

I’d go with a fully optioned 3351 coupe…

drive a g37… you’ll then see why you don’t want one. Buy a 335i far better drive
g37 you sit way to high and the car feels huge, does not feel nimble at all

I’d compare insurance, maintenance, warranty and resale…