New from Clifton Park

I don’t want to deal with any issues of reliability right now. Eventually, the boost will break something in the stock engine and I don’t want to deal with it…especially because I have less than 27k on it right now and its still under warranty. Not to mention I hit the Valley so much that I doubt it would hold up that long!

its an expensive truck, i hear you.

that motor will take low boost fine , besides now ya know a tech that will fix what ya bbreak lol

That’s true, but unless you get parts for free and like to work pro bono…than it doesn’t do me much good!!:excited

ummmmmm not so much lolol .

I guess I will be sticking with the NA 6.1 then!

lololol

I do need my Tstat put in and will eventually go with a new cam once my warranty runs out. So I’m sure you will be seeing me at some point!

ok

How long would it take you to put the 180 tstat in?

not long at all . there easy on them motor i belive

Just have to move the CAI because it is right underneath it…right up top though. How much you think Brian would charge me to have that done?

prolly a hr and whatever coolant we use . so say 100 or so prolly . ill do it at my place for cheaper , when ya ready get at me

I have the Tstat…just waiting to get it put in. Don’t think I can do it myself with out making a mess!!

ill be at the garage this weekend , get at me ill p/m ya my number dude

I’m Chris. Here’s my ride:

http://arcade.svatopluk.com/video_system/pipe_dream/pipe_dream_01.png

nice ride man, I like the JDM red steering wheel

Dude we can do this in my garage for free! I do mechanical work all the time. Now that I have the house I have the garage fully equiped to do small projects to full engine builds. I am always building Jet ski engines and wrenching on my own vehicles.

Just let me know when you wanna do it!..

Edit: I should have fixed the Nismo’s coolant leak before putting it away for winter storage. I hate paying other’s to do work on my own car. Everytime a shop does something, I usually end up redoing it myself. When I had my rear end & gears done I had them do my hose kit. Instead of taking the time and removing the bottom shield to access the hose they cut corners and tried to do it from the side and never got the clamp on straight. So now I have to get under my slammed Z to try and fix it myself! Arrr SHOPS no matter how good of a Rep they have, they will eventually just violate your trust.

I would assume that putting the tstat on in your garage is going to cause a little bit of a mess. Obviously, I’m going to lose some coolant out of it and it will end up all over if you don’t have a big pan to catch it. I want to try and get it on before racing on Sunday as well…You will be gone early Sat. and I am doing stuff with the wife tomorrow night.

You need to find better shops, Zim :slight_smile: