New guy from Westchester County (Irvington) with an '05 Infiniti FX35

Werd man I’m obviously there all the time haha, that’s cool.
Yeah man, I think all I’m going to do is get the coil overs thrown on, and complete my sound system. Then, save up. Either for serious FI on the FX, or a side project car, we shall see

wanted to get a few opinons…
Where I want it to sit (maybe have the rear a bit higher, want the fender like on the rim not really tucked, and have the front tucked a little to the rim)

Problem is, I was rubbing with just springs and had to “roll” my inner fenders because of the size of the tires…so I may only be able to go as low as the second picture, with just the fenders tucked to the sidewall.

and I had some fun…

And when I get the coils installed itll be during winter break…so I’ll be in winter mode.

(front will be tucked more)
lol.

what do you guys think, or who can provide some better chops?

I hate tuck.

I also wouldn’t want to give up that much ground clearance.

Emont in 08… because of my neighbor’s daughter, I actually am familiar with some of them. Also my buddy coaches football, so I see them all over.

Wouldn’t mind checking the car out sometime. It’s hard to meet non-dbag car people in westchester.

I thought it looked fine originally to be honest.

+1 on the “keep as-is”

It’s going to completely lose it’s truck appeal if it goes any lower. If you do lower it more though, I think you should go for a more flushed/stretch poke/ISO look, than a tucked low rider look.

Wait you graduated from Emont in 08?

What do you mean? before the chops or before I did anything?lol

what truck appeal? It’s a lowered sporty SUV already haha. Im not going for a lowrider look or anything, just sportier. Just want to tuck to the sidewall aka NO GAP…hardly even a tuck haha. Also IM not going to stretch and poke on 20’s…if I did that it would have to be atleast 22’s for it to look right in the fender.

yeah, you’re right…you’d definitely need bigger wheels for that

I wouldn’t go much lower though…it’s just an opinion. I think it looks great where it is.

Before the chops.

I like it…Looks great welcome aboard

NOOO i finished emont in 99

I think he was saying his neighbor’s daughter that he was mac’ing on graduated in 08. So he knew her and some of her friends.
At least that is how I read it.

Welcome and nice truck.

Nice looking FX.

thanks!

o0o haha I graduated 08, so did my Ex

Thanks

thanks

I disappeared for a while because I was abroad for a semester, etc I actually almost sold the FX for an 06 e55 AMG but decided to keep it since I have one more year of school left, etc…
but yeah, things IM going to do very soon include:

-BC racing coil overs
-re-tune with upRev Osiris on-dyno custom tune
performance motorsport, smithtown NY
-Black suede headliner, finish up audio (may go with aftermarket headunit afterall)
some exterior tweaks…may black out all the chrome, etc…need to play around in photoshop.
-get to the track to see how slow I am
-maybe a 50-75 shot of nitrous
-save up and buy a more fun weekend car

we shall see…

I love this truck lol

Thanks bro
:slight_smile:

Never been a fan of these, I’m just not liking the styling.

meh we’re all entitled to opinions.
Speaking of styling, My opinion of the crx is that its one of the ugliest cars out there, in the top five most riced cars list; but on the other hand they are also one of the most underestimated if the owner knows how to balance a decent output motor with the light weight of the crx…built motor, turbo motor, motor swap… but usually, they are all piece-of-crap-fart-can-rice-mobiles that are laughable at best.
Just stating my opinion after an opinion of my vehicle was stated :slight_smile:

Easy Rod, easy Rod, easy Rod…

Good thing I’m not one of them…

Why am I not surprised at that typical internet car forum reply…
Ppl post pics and an intro of their car on a forum, the first time someone has an opposing opinion, the OP has their ego hurt so the need to defend his/her vehicle comes through. :picard: God forbid someone not like it…

This expectation or entitlement that everyone needs to like it = :ham:

My guess, you would have said that about ANY car that was in my sig, regardless of what it was. Oh well.

You’re used to that reply because you have a crx…
My Ego’s not hurt, lmao just responding to your opinion with another opinion… I have no expectation for everybody to like it; I’m into a lot of car fads that a lot of people hate (not necessarily on my car), and know that I shouldnt expect people to like every thing thats posted.
I wouldn’t have said that for ANY car in your sig, don’t be ridiculous. A crx was just too hard to resist though… I dont even consider it a respectable car unless it has decent power mods. I’m sorry my car has a few curves compared to the crx …

but again, its not like you went on about how the FX35 has a horrible power-to-weight ratio and its a waste of a car to mod for anything performance except exhaust, and that its flat out ugly (responses I’ve gotten before) so don’t think your “I dont like the styling” phased me. I simply responded to your opinion of my vehicle with an opinion of your vehicle. You dont like my cars styling, and I think the crx is a POS, but makes a good 17 y.o. street racer car with its light weight, easy/cheap engine swaps (D16a6 swap for ~150 ish hp light build?) and turbo builds…I’ve been smoked by a few, seen hundreds of fails on them, so whatever. no harm no foul. Different strokes for different folks