New Guy on GI

Hey gang, wanna say hello to everyone. My name is Matt and I live on Grand Island. I have a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 that I bought new. Looking forward to meeting up with some local guys.

Welcome :wave:

I see Paul B viewing this thread, lol.

Howdy

Welcome Matt! I’ve got a Genpu Speed3. I currently live in Tonawanda, but I lived on GI for 15 years and still cruise there once a week or so to check in with the family.

Nice looking Speed3 you’ve got. Details on the hood (looks like a Genpu hood) and what’s been done to the car?

I’m always down to talk about Mazdas!

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

haha Had a response already typed out but got pulled away from the computer. boner!

Thanks!, the hood is by DG Motorsports and of course designed to look like the pu hood. Suspension on the car was Koni yellows and Eibach springs. Wheels are Enkie 18x7.5 gunmetal EKM3s with Hankook Ventus v12 tires. I replaced the shifter with a TWM sts and solid base bushings. Engine wise I’m running a Cobb sri and tip with a stage 1 tune. Looking at a fmic or different top mount possibly this year. I’ve got Stri 60mm gauges sitting in a custom fabed Subaru triple dash pod. I also have a handful of little things I’ve done over the years.

Looks pretty sweet, welcome!

Thanks

that’s a legit setup i like it

Very cool! well done brother.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Question, did the Gen1 speed3 come stock with a front mount or top mount? Does the DG hood allow you to do a top mount if it didnt already come stock with one? I’m just curious as I dont know many details about the slight changes from the gen1 - genpu motor lol

Never really had a thing for Mazdas but this one looks sharp

The car comes stock with a top mount. The hood does vent directly to the intercooler so a larger top mount looks like the logical route.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Thanks!

Oh interesting. For some reason I was under the impression the Gen1 came stock with a front mount and they changed to top mount for Gen2. The differnt bumpers and hoods between the two gens got me all confused. Cool deal. Thats funny you want to do top mount, seems like most people are switching to front mount

Hopefully the mid-pipe for my UR catback exhaust arrives tomorrow and I get some time to install it and make noises. :slight_smile:

Very nice car. I’ve always had a little interest in mazdaspeed but don’t have much exposure to it. Welcome!

Sounds like a personal ad. Welcome.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!