New Guy

Hey, Just stopping in to introduce myself. My name is Ted. I own a 05 Silverado, 97 Grand Prix and my wife has a Toyota Matrix. Been tuning on the Silverado with HPTuners and will be starting on the GP soon. My 16 yr old son drives the GP, so I’m not looking for more performance right now, just better gas mileage. Looking forward to this site.

came to the right place, Welcome!!

welcome:beer:

welcome

welcome

what model grand prix?..there’s a couple of us around if you need to know something

welcome

hi

welcome

might have to hit you up for the HPtuners since they work with Chevy Colorado’s as well, With some people from my coloradofans forums, you could turn a decent buck!

what mods you have done to the silverado? i also tune with HPtuners for my 02 silvy

welcome

welcome

Welcome…Is the GP a GTP? And do u happen to have the tuner for the l67 gtp motor?

Thanks all for the welcome.

My Grand Prix is a SE with the 3800. I wouldn’t let my 16 yaer old boy drive a GTP yet and I wouldn’t want to pay the insurance on a GTP for him either. I bought this car for him to drive 2 years ago. I’m showing him the ropes on maintainace and repair.
HPTuners supports all GP’s from 97 up.

My Silverado is stock other than the AFE Magnum Flow intake. The Torque Management this truck had was what made me get into tuning it.  This is a Crew Cab 1500 Z71.  I've tuned this for power and economy.  I average 17-18 MPG running around here.

I’ve looked at a couple of Colarado files with HPTuners. They recently got supported and new tables are added on every new release.

yea i dont blame you on the TQ management. mines wiped out for my setup along with alot of other tibets

Welcome:bigthumb:

Thanks again everyone.

So do you have to buy the program for the Colorado’s, I know some people on the Coloradofans forum have it (the Hptuners), but its like $600. I’m just interested to rid mine of torque management, raise the top speed limit above the weaksauce 97, and change the shift points (auto tranny) If you already have the setup, I wouldn’t mind throwing some bills your way (when I get some, HAHA) to do my truck…

Welcome Ted.