New guy

So yeah I don’t actually have my car right now because I got rear ended by some idiot on the thruway in Syracuse the Sunday after thanksgiving. I was stopped in traffic, the car behind me was also stopped… both for a good 10-15 seconds and then BAM the idiot smashed into the woman behind me (with her 6 and 8 year old daughters in the car) and her car jumped and smashed into my liftgate (not my bumper).

I just found out today from his (idiot who is at fault in the accident) insurance company that they dropped his policy early in the summer because he wasn’t paid up. Now I’m seriously effed. --and very angry.

I found that out today from my mom who was calling me because she also got rear ended while stuck in traffic today --but back home in CT. It gets better though, because she was also rear ended by a car with NY plates --a state gov’t vehicle at that.

And they didn’t carry insurance paperwork in the car (they said that was normal, that they didn’t need to because it was a gov’t car?).

my mom was on her way to get surgery done on her back at the time :’( and the idiot woman behind her hit the gas right before the light was going to turn green (WTF).

so yeah please don’t mind me if I go off on a tirade about awful new york drivers. I mean no offense, and clearly on a site full of car enthusiasts we’re all likely better drivers than that. I just know my insurance company said if I was permanently here in Rochester and not just here for RIT my insurance would be MUCH higher because of drastically increased accident rates. I didn’t believe them at the time…

but with this in February from some jackass who failed to stop while I was going straight on East River Road:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/140/397181640_166e4c7a10.jpg
(luckily my summer CF hood pictured in the above post was off for winter)

and this happening on the 25th of last month:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2400/2063642661_3600afa944.jpg

I have really lost what little faith I had in the driving ability of the average new yorker.

again sorry for the rant. I’m just in a lot of pain right now (9 days after the accident) and to find out that my mom got rear ended and the idiot who caused my accident doesn’t have any insunrance… I’m just not really happy.

plus the fact that I get emo when it snows (I can tolerate cold to an extent but snow is just miserable) lol