New Indoor GoCart Track in Amherst

I dont know. I’m not a little guy and i think the extra weight let me go into the turn faster with out it losing grip. Sure theres a disadvantage on the straight but…CamaroJoe is at least 50 lbs less than me(Prob more) and we couldnt give much up to each other down the straight

My friend is 240lbs and he was setting faster lap times than me in minnesota, and i’m a decent driver.

unless you are 300+ it doesnt matter

So he gave in to you? We were there picking up our times when you guys were haggling with him. I was wondering if he was giving in :slight_smile:

if u think this is fun you guys should head out to the outdoor track in batavia when the weather breaks. you can get ten laps for ten bucks. they supply the kart and all the safety equipment.

www.Bataviamotorsports.com

whats up dude… post some pics of your 240… i’m the kid you met at the oil change place

:tup: to BMP… they do alot with supermotos over the summer

ummm… don’t you mean:

Yeh, I gave him $100 and he gave me 9 rides and a membership.

We went back and forth a little…but it was danm worth it…

We also suggestested a yearly membership…say $300 for unlimited riding.
Probably be around $500 to cover their asses.

What was your best time?

They seem to have no set pricing as it is now. Anyone you talk to paid different amounts. I didn’t do that great having a best time in the 26 range. Pauly and I were just screwing around. I know we could have done better. I was drifting around the corners a ton, etc. I talked to a guy that inspects there and he told me some more details about the carts. They run better when the tires are warm, they don’t have a live rear axle, so 1 wheel drive. And the frame twists in the curves. Ligher driver gets good speed in straights where heavier driver is better in curves.

good to know, the final corner after the long straight i could come in and not lift…just had to go real wide…and fight the wheel so it wouldn’t slide out.

I was cutting the corners sharp and once I widened on the corners, I got around the track quicker. Didn’t figure this out til the end. But in the hairpins, I would drift and it would take a while to catch traction again. That’s what killed my times.

If I did another run I know I would have shaved off at least another second. But after 2 consecutive runs, your arms and sides were a little sore.

On the 2 straights I would get some nice speed and towards the end before the 90 degree you would feel it kicking in nicely.

Holy shit! Joe and i paid 22.57 each and he gave us buy 1 ride get one ride. They charged my kids (12,and 10) $21 each and gave them 1 ride each. I can see them being busy while its new but i dont know about down the road. You kids in your early to mid 20’s can swing that kinda cost. But for me to take my kids and even my wife it would be about $80.00 and get 1 ride each. Thats rather expensive for 8 minutes each. It was a blast but, i cant see making it a weekly event kind of thing.
fyi- he told us he is not planning on a/c during the summer. It will be hot in there in july/august and i can see the sheilds fogging up bad.

I’m in for some league action. Anyone going tonight? Or this afternoon? :slight_smile: Or Tomorrow afternoon?

x2

oh, well thats reassuring. :tup:

Im in for some league action.

Do they still need staff? Seems like a super fun job, and I really need to leave my current work place.

Someone also needs to get them onto the site and considering a site sponsor.

I went, it’s a blast, I only ran one session but one thing is for sure, drifting KILLS times, only managed a 25.8, there is a lot more grip than I thought, and easy 24 second times are possible with my 215lbs. I was the only one there though :frowning: I received a free session if I bought a $40 membership. We need to set up a race in the next few days, how about tonight? 9pm ish?

I’m heading up tonight with my g/f… I hope to get in the 23’s. I’ll be up at 9 tonight.

god this place is like a drug

x3, but Im real heavy. I still might have to go tho

i am pretty big and i fir fine not able to be competitive though i was a bout a second off from the winners

totally confused me… i must have reread it about 10x